Diving Adults, Snorkeling Kids?

SCUBADOO414

Has anyone booked a tour with a company that will take divers and snorkelers to the same location? My husband and I recently had contact with a company that indicated that my husband and I could dive and our kids (ages 6-13) could snorkel near the boat while we dive. They indicated that a divemaster would be in the water with them and there would also be someone in the boat if they decided they wanted to get out of the water. My questions are:

1. Has anyone done this?

2. Do you think we can trust complete strangers to watch our kids while we dive? Our kids are accomplished swimmers and snorkelers, but not much experience in the ocean.

Any advise you have in this decision would be appreciated!

Thanks! :)

2. Do you think we can trust complete strangers to watch our kids while we dive? Our kids are accomplished swimmers and snorkelers, but not much experience in the ocean.

I would not be comfortable AT ALL with leaving a 6 year old in the company of complete strangers in the middle of the ocean. Have you asked your kids how they would feel? (this is just me though. im sure others will disagree.)

Would it be possible to look into your cruiselines babysitting service, if they offer it on port days. That way you and hubs can dive and the kids can be (relatively) safe on board.

I would not be comfortable AT ALL with leaving a 6 year old in the company of complete strangers in the middle of the ocean. Have you asked your kids how they would feel? (this is just me though. im sure others will disagree.)

Would it be possible to look into your cruiselines babysitting service, if they offer it on port days. That way you and hubs can dive and the kids can be (relatively) safe on board.

Hello,

Yes, I've determined the RC has babysitting services onboard at port. I was just hopeful that there was something we could do together. I think I'll just keep looking around for a dive tour that offers a one tank dive so we can keep some of the day open to spend on Cozumel with our kids.

Thanks for reaffirming my feelings on this! :)

www.eagleraydivers.com does a combo snorkel/dive trip. I'd have to meet the crew before I could make a judgement at to whether I'd feel comfortable leaving the kids on the boat with the crew while on a dive.

Yep, they are the one's I've been in communication with via email. The woman has been very nice and helpful, BUT would I trust her with all my kids while I'm 40 feet under? ;)

I would give the green light on this one- Eagle Ray runs a top notch organization and they'll treat your family like their own. A private trip would give you a DM for the dive and 1-1 ratio for the kids snorkeling. Put the kids in snorkeling vests and they'll be safe as can be. Chellie is probably who you've been chatting with and I would give them a shot!

I would give the green light on this one- Eagle Ray runs a top notch organization and they'll treat your family like their own. A private trip would give you a DM for the dive and 1-1 ratio for the kids snorkeling. Put the kids in snorkeling vests and they'll be safe as can be. Chellie is probably who you've been chatting with and I would give them a shot!

Yes, Chellie is who I've been in communication with. She seems very friendly. I guess I have some time to think about this and discuss with hubby and kids before making a decision.

Thanks to everyone for their advice. I will certainly take all your recommendations to heart. :)

Archived