Snorkeling for Cowards

seg1

I'm interested if any of the beaches on Aruba are good for snorkeling for someone who can't swim. I'd like to do some on this cruise, but don't want to go over 4'-5' of water. Can you see much sealife at that depth? I've heard Baby Beach is a possibility.

I can relate.... I do not have a problem with swimming..but I just could not snorkel.... As soon as I tried, the water got in my mouth and I choked..... I just stayed on the boat because I was too afraid....

Baby beach would be great to try on our own...... You can wade in the water, until you feel comfortable..... The tide is low enough for you to feel safe .

Been there, and you will have fun.

Good Luck

Janet

Aruba is a small island, and this beach is well known.... Any taxi driver will take you there.

Maybe too, there is a shore excursion from your ship. We were in Aruba in November, and I noticed a lot of people on the beach from cruise line...The towels were a dead giveaway!!

• 1 month later...
biggrin.gif The DePalm Island is a mellow place with shallow water. The parrot-fish are friendly, numerous and beautiful. An easy place to snorkel, bring a can of cheese spread as the fish take this for worms, and you won't have cloudy water from other types of foods!

• 2 weeks later...
I'm interested if any of the beaches on Aruba are good for snorkeling for someone who can't swim. I'd like to do some on this cruise, but don't want to go over 4'-5' of water. Can you see much sealife at that depth? I've heard Baby Beach is a possibility.

Baby beach is very shallow, but I'm not sure if there is much snorkeling in the shallow areas - I seem to recall more snorkeling in the deeper area near a channel which goes into the open ocean. But there was a little snorkeling in the main lagoon areas.

Note that every snorkeling excursion I've been on through the ship requires you to wear a snorkeling vest. This might be your answer, you can rely on the vest for floatation. (For those who dislike them you can wear them deflated so they are available for emergency only.)

Snorkeling is always easier and more relaxing when ur wearing a life jacket. Regardless of ur swimming ability or the level of water, this is always what I recommend. Your c ship shld hv them available for you to rent.

Snorkeling at Baby Beach is nice. You will need to rent a car for this.

Perhaps snorkeling at Boca Catalina or Arashi Reefs is best. You can take the public bus to both of these areas. There is no charge to snorkel at these areas, just walk in from the beach. On the week days it is fairly quiet there.

Hv a nice time!!

-jolly

We are looking for a beach in Aruba where you can snorkel from the beach. Also, watersport rentals would be great too! Is there a nice family oriented beach you can recommend for both snorkeling and watersport rentals? How far is it from the cruise ship dock?

Archived