Review: Liberty of the Seas April 4-11 Western

Random pictures from the ship:

Our balcony.

DSC00299-1.jpg

We had different towel animals every night. But no chocolates on the pillows.

DSC00301-1.jpg

Our crown and anchor gifts

DSC00344-1.jpg

the mid week $20 laundry bag

DSC00345-1.jpg

sunset

DSC00459-1.jpg

another towel animal

DSC00469-1.jpg

Edited by readytolose

Will you post the Compass sheets on a web site? We are doing the Western route also and would love to have some updated info.

Movies on board? I know they ususally change these every other cruise or so but would love to know what was showing on board.

Seems your family had a marvelous time! I waited till the Freedom Class was more reasonable in price. We will most likely wait till the Alure has been out a couple of years before we try the Oasis Class!!

Jacquelyn :D

Will you post the Compass sheets on a web site? We are doing the Western route also and would love to have some updated info.

Movies on board? I know they ususally change these every other cruise or so but would love to know what was showing on board.

Seems your family had a marvelous time! I waited till the Freedom Class was more reasonable in price. We will most likely wait till the Alure has been out a couple of years before we try the Oasis Class!!

I will try and scan the compasses tomorrow.

Some of the movies were:

Hancock

Fools Gold

Wall-E

Baby Mama

Iron Man

Swing Vote

Indiana Jones

Incredible Hulk

Get Smart

I might have missed some, but they will be in the compass when I scan them.

A couple things I forgot to mention (I'm sure I'll think of more later!)

Day 2 was our Meet N Mingle. I was very disappointed because only one other family showed up for it. We did win a couple prizes but it sure would have been nice if more people showed up. I did get the aqua mouse I have been wanting!

The day we were in Labadee I was at the pursers desk to ask a question (which I can't for the life of me remember what I could have possibly needed) when suddenly this guy comes up to the counter yelling and

saying that he wanted to speak to the manager right away. He said he was very upset (I think he said the jet ski excursion but I could be wrong) and that someone was going to be fired and he demanded a refund

of his whole cruise price. I really wanted to stick around and find out what could have possibly made him so mad but I didn't stick around. It was interesting to say the least.

I mentioned this in another thread but one of the nights at dinner a glass fell from a table up on the 5th floor down to the 3rd. It hit a guy in the shoulder and he required 7 stitches. That was kind of freaky. It got us wondering how often something like that happens.

Edited by readytolose

What a great review! Reading it really got my wife and I in the mood for our trip next month.

The Compasses are going to be a huge plus! Thank you soo much for that!

How safe did you feel in Jamaica? We've been reading a few worrying reviews about dangerous situations.

What a great review! Reading it really got my wife and I in the mood for our trip next month.

The Compasses are going to be a huge plus! Thank you soo much for that!

How safe did you feel in Jamaica? We've been reading a few worrying reviews about dangerous situations.

We felt completely safe but like I said in the review all we did was go to Margaritaville. I really didn't want to risk taking the kids any other place because of the reviews I had read. I know that the dunns river falls tour is popular but we didn't think the kids would like that long of a bus ride to get there.

Thank-you for posting your Western review. We leave in under two weeks and are so excited. We will be traveling with a group of 18 and I think we would like to try booking the flowrider for an hour. Is there a maximum number of people you can use for the hour? I can see 10-12 of us wanting to do it for sure.

Also, we have no plans for Ocho Rios and were seriously considering staying on the ship. Now we're thinking about giving Margaritaville a try. Do we have to bring our own towels? Are the drinks reasonably priced? Were the water activities free as long as you ordered food/drinks?

Lastly, we have booked the dolphin swim through Dolphin Discovery. Do you recommend we bring towels from the ship? Are the prices of the pictures/video negotiable? Do they take CC at Dolphin Discovery for the pictures? Thanks for the heads up about bringing cash for the food!

Your review was very helpful. Sorry for all the questions.... Thanks again.

Chris: What a great review, can't wait til the next installment...So happy that the whole family had a great time...

Have you given any thought to joining all of us on Oasis in Oct 10??? Hi to Brian...

I didn't see page 2 and 3 until after I posted this...GREAT REVIEW and the kids all looked so happy...Everyone looked wonderful in the formal pic...Take care and stay in touch...

Check the promendade on your first or second day. Buy it and they deliver it to the room. Can't remember the price. But, the regular water isn't bad -- try it before you buy the bottles.

Hi, I agree with Chris on this point. The water on board is very good and probably purified better than most bottled water you can buy. Definitely give it a try before spending any money.

I just bring a big insulated mug from home and it works great. I primarily just drink water in my cabin, but the room attendant was very good about keeping my jug filled.

When outside my room, I use my sode card for my mandatory daily addiction to Diet Coke.

Chris

The review is just amazing. You captured so many more details than I woud have remembered at the end of the cruise.

I am so glad that Brian and you and the kids had such a grand time. Please do consider joining the rest of the ARRG on the Oasis. I know that the time is bad for Brian and his coaching schedule, but it would be a grand time if you could work it out.

Keep in touch,

Dave

You are a brave woman to travel with so many kids!! I'm looking forward to your next installment!

I was going to say congrats to her for pulling it off, looks like a nice family. I loved Freedom, will look forward to trying Liberty someday.

Wonderful review!

It made me feel nostalgic for our cruise this past December, same ship and itinerary.

For those who asked for the compasses, I have them from December linked in my signature.

Thanks again!

Sue

[quote=

We had a great cruise and the kids can't wait to do it again! We are thinking about the Oasis but it will

probably be a few years when hopefully the prices go down a little bit.

Great review!

We were on the Indy in December and loved it.

I emailed for a table for just our family too and they gave us an 8 top as well.

Fortunately the couple never showed the whole time!

Your family are the kind of folks I'd wanna meet/cruise with.

I can tell by all the pictures you took that you guys are the best kind of cruisers!!!

Hope to bump into you on the Allure/Oasis one day too when the price comes down!

Until then we decided to book AOS for feb vacation 2010.

thanks again for the great review. Will you write a concise review for the main CC review space?

cruiseray1

Great review! :D We will be on Liberty the end of May....our first time on a Freedom class ship. Can't wait. Glad to hear your review of the hotel. We are booked for our pre-cruise night at Holiday Inn Port of Miami.

Thanks for sharing!

Thank-you for posting your Western review. We leave in under two weeks and are so excited. We will be traveling with a group of 18 and I think we would like to try booking the flowrider for an hour. Is there a maximum number of people you can use for the hour? I can see 10-12 of us wanting to do it for sure.

Also, we have no plans for Ocho Rios and were seriously considering staying on the ship. Now we're thinking about giving Margaritaville a try. Do we have to bring our own towels? Are the drinks reasonably priced? Were the water activities free as long as you ordered food/drinks?

Lastly, we have booked the dolphin swim through Dolphin Discovery. Do you recommend we bring towels from the ship? Are the prices of the pictures/video negotiable? Do they take CC at Dolphin Discovery for the pictures? Thanks for the heads up about bringing cash for the food!

Your review was very helpful. Sorry for all the questions.... Thanks again.

For some reason I remember reading you can rent the flow rider for up to 8 people but I'll see if I can find something in the compasses that says for sure. I'm at work right now so it will be later tonight before I can confirm or not.

We brought our own towels to Margaritaville and I didn't see anywhere that they had them so if you need a towel I would bring one. The water activities were free although I remember my husband saying there was a guy at the top of the slide that he wanted to tip. I don't know if you would even have to order anything because they weren't really "patrolling" the area. We just got a seat and off the boys went. I would say the drinks for similar in price to the ships prices. They did have drinks in souvenier glasses so if you want to save money ask for something in a regular glass.

I would bring your own towel for the Dolphin excursion as well. There are lots of places to swim and you will probably want to have it with you. I didn't get the impression that you could try to negotiate the price of the video and pictures but I could be wrong. They sell it through their gift shop and I just assumed the price was the price. You could purchase less pictures if you wanted but the whole package was $188 which included 3 pictures of each of the 5 of them and the video. I guess if you look at it this way, the package was cheaper than the ships pictures! :D I paid for that with a credit card. There was a whole gift shop where you could purchase "dolphin" related items but they also had sunscreen and other necessities.

Right next to the gift shop was an area that was serving food. It seems like I remember seeing a credit card logo sign so they might take credit cards there. We went to the restaurant that was to the left of the area that you swim with the dolphins. They had nice tables and a beautiful view of the water. That was the place that took cash.

Chris: What a great review, can't wait til the next installment...So happy that the whole family had a great time...

Have you given any thought to joining all of us on Oasis in Oct 10??? Hi to Brian...

Chris

The review is just amazing. You captured so many more details than I woud have remembered at the end of the cruise.

I am so glad that Brian and you and the kids had such a grand time. Please do consider joining the rest of the ARRG on the Oasis. I know that the time is bad for Brian and his coaching schedule, but it would be a grand time if you could work it out.

Keep in touch,

Dave

We will definitely keep the Oasis in October in mind. If Brian is still coaching at the high school it won't be a possibility but you just never know!

I have to say though, this vacation was not nearly as much fun as our honeymoon! It's a lot of work vacationing with that many kids! :) Plus, well, it was our honeymoon! :D