Planning for first cruise

zoomergals

This board has been so helpful! My niece and I will be on the Westerdam in late June to Alaska and we are beside ourselves with excitement!

We'll be arriving in Seattle the day before the cruise and returning home the day after. On the excursion list, there is a Seattle tour with airport transportation. We'd like to take that tour, but won't need to go to the airport until the following morning. I'm guessing that isn't a huge problem to solve....does anyone have experience to share?

Thank you for all you share here....the knowledge we've gained is priceless!

Many hotels in the airport area offer free shuttles, but not those that are downtown. We've sailed out of Seattle twice... once we stayed downtown and had a full day in the city before sailing, and the second time we just spent the night at an airport hotel and went to the ship the next morning.

I realize you are talking about after your cruise, but I wanted to point out that the areas near the Underground Tour, Space Needle, Pike's Place Market, Experience Music Project, etc. will be the downtown hotels without easy airport transportation included.

If you want a day to relax without much activity... Take the tour with airport dropoff at the end. Book your hotel (ahead) with one near the airport, and have that hotel's shuttle pick you up for free and head to the hotel to rest. There is a lovely park/lake within walking distance of many of the airport hotels.

If you prefer the day of activity, I'd look into the Grey Line tours or taxi to a downtown hotel to begin exploring (using the free downtown bus lines -- with limited coverage area).

Archived