Sunset Veranda on Century - a good idea?

beynac

Hi All:

We're getting ready to book our 1st Celebrity cruise on the Century, 5 nights out of Miami. The cruise isn't until January, and there seems to be a lot of availability. We were thinking of a run-of-the mill balcony room (not cc), but the sunset verandas look very appealing. The middle ones appear to have a large veranda, and on a past cruise one of our favorite things to do was to sit aft with drinks and watch the wake.

So, can anyone tell me from experience if this is a good idea? Are they private, or can people on upper decks look down on your veranda? I've also read complaints on aft veranda's getting sooty from the ship's stacks. Is this true?

The cost to upgrade is only $100 total, so I'm not too concerned about the expense...just want to know if it'd be better than a run-of-the-mill balcony cabin.

I'd love to hear some insight from "those in the know!"

Thanks!

Just got back from the Century last weekend. My wife and I were noticing that the Sunset bar area overlooks the balconies of the aft staterooms. I would not book a room there if you are looking for a lot of privacy. There is some privacy close to your door as we could not see that far in. I would look to a side balcony if I wanted the maximum privacy. Also the noise would be a big consideration as the bar is open til 11:00??? I also read about the soot issue here but it didn't seem to be a problem at all when we there drinking at the bar and I did try to notice.

I was in a sky suite on sports deck which was really nice but people walking on the deck above me could see our railing so even our veranda was not totally peek free. If I had to do it all over, I would have booked on Penthouse deck; I don't think anyone can view your balcony except your neighbor.

It was our first cruise and I can't stop talking about how much fun we had, how great the food was, how nice the people were and how we wish the cruise was longer.

Hope you have a great time.

• 4 months later...

Archived