Has anyone tried the new Zipline Safari?

dz63

Let me start by saying that I've heard about the recent accident but I am not worried - I plan to do this in January. Just have a question for those who have tried this in St. Kitts, was the equipment uncomfortable? I noticed in the pics that there are straps going across the chest and as a female, thought this might be a bit... constricting, if not plain painful?

No one in our family found the harness uncomfortable.

• 1 month later...

My family and I just did his tour last week. It was the highlight of our vacation, we all agree. Harness is very comfortable, safety a top priority. We did chat with others who did a zipline excursion a day earlier when in St. Lucia, they said there was a hand braking system that was uncomfortable/cumbersome. The Sky Safari Zip Line tour we did in St. Kitts had a spring braking system that gave us an easy landing at the end of each line. Book early from home, this tour is usually sold out by sail date. Bottom line...zipline in St Kitts with Sky Safari Zip Line tour, book early through the cruise line, don't chicken out, it's worth it. Have fun!!

• 2 months later...

On posts #8-9, I posted my review with photos. Now I have completed a YouTube video of our ziplining adventure, so you can see more photos and video clips of this excursion.

Carnival Victory—Ziplining in St. Kitts, July 11, 2009

This video/slideshow features our Port Excursion in St. Kitts--as we go ziplining with Ski Safaris over the tropical St. Kitts rainforest. Length: 4:43

Due to contractual agreements with the following cruise, passengers on any of the cruise lines listed below who wish to participate on any of the zipline tours must make their bookings directly with the cruise line’s office, on its online tour booking system onboard the ship.

Carnival Cruise Line: Carnival Victory and Miracle

Cunard – Queen Mary 2, Queen Victoria

P&O – Oriana, Arcadia, Ventura, Oceana

Ocean Village – Ocean Village, Ocean Village 2

MSC – MSC Poesia

Silver Seas – Silver Shadow, Silver Spirit

Celebrity – Soltice, Equinox, Millenium, Summit, Mercury

Royal Caribbean – Serenade of the Seas, Explorer of the Seas

If you are on Princess or NCL you can book through The St. Kitts Tour Store.

This is true. We are on Carnival and were not able to book ourselves.

Archived