5/3 Mariner No Mexican Riviera 7 SEA days instead!

Chelsers545

This is really a bummer. My last 2 cruises were picked based on where they went and not on what ship! Getting changed from the warmth of southern to the cold northern waters would not make me a happy cruiser! I'd bet these upcoming cruises will have their fair share of customer issues! Just remember not to take your frustrations out on the crew members!

I'm sailing on the 5/10 Mariner cruise and though I'm not happy with the itinerary change, you folks make it sound as though RCCL was responsible for the swine flu. First of all, there is no plan for 7 days at sea. The OP said it would SEEM like 7 days at sea because, I guess, they wouldn't get off the ship in San Diego or Catalina because they live there? (Their logic, not mine). It would be rough being "stuck" on a luxury floating hotel with all the food you can eat for 7 days. Second, for all the RCCL bashers out there, are you aware there is a global recession. That RCCL stock is worth about half of what it was last fall? That if they allowed everyone to cancel their cruise, they would lose yet more money? Third, that whatever policy Carnival had in 2005 may no longer apply? If the ship went ahead and sailed to Mexico and people got the flu, an equal number of people would be bashing RCCL for deciding to put "passenger's lives at risk".

I completely agree. I cruise for the cruise not the ports. A luxery hotel with all the entertainment, food, fun. If they refunded everyone that wants a refund, the ship would sail with about 25% capacity and therefore would be a dead ship and the money they would lose OMG. I would guess I could get a good deal on a last minute 7 sea days cruise. I'm from AZ and would love to stop in any US port. Just my opinion here.

We too are going on the 5/31 sailing and I just got off the phone with my travel agent. Here is what RCCL is offering:

Option 1: Guests who maintain their current bookings on the revised sailings will receive on board credits and a future cruise credits based on there stateroom category:

• Inside and outside staterooms will receive a $250 onboard credit per cabin. An additional $100 onboard credit will be provided for each third and forth guest in the stateroom. Each guest in the stateroom also will receive a $250 future cruise credit for a future Mexico sailing onboard Mariner of the Seas or Radiance of the Seas.
  • Balcony staterooms will receive a $350 onboard credit per cabin. An additional $100 on board credit for each third and forth guest in the stateroom. Each guest in the stateroom also will receive a $350 future cruise credit for a future Mexico sailing onboard Mariner of the Seas or Radiance of the Seas.
  • Suites will receive as $600 onboard credit per cabin. An additional $100 onboard credit for each third and forth guest in the suite. Each guest in the stateroom also will receive a $600 future cruise credit for a future Mexico sailing onboard Mariner of the Seas or Radiance of the Seas.

Option 2:Guests currently booked on a revised sailing who choose to change their sailing date or move their booking to another ship will receive an onboard credits:

• Inside and outside staterooms will receive a $100 onboard credit per cabin. An additional $50 onboard credit will be provided for each third and forth guest in the stateroom.
  • Balcony staterooms will receive a $150 onboard credit per cabin. An additional $50 onboard credit will be provided for each third and forth guest in the stateroom.
  • Suites will receive $250 onboard credit per cabin. An additional $50 onboard credit will be provided for each third and forth guest in the stateroom.

Option 3: Guest currently booked on a revised sailing who choose to cancel their bookings will receive full refund of monies paid to Royal Caribbean International.

• Mariner of the Seas guests booked on a revised sailing are encouraged to contact their travel agents or Royal Caribbean International for compensation and rebooking options

Archived