Question: Gifts from TA

I agree, give me the best price possible and I'll buy my own bottle of wine.

Atom.gifGroup board for the Royal Hounds 9/19/04

For pricing and booking info click:Royal Hounds

Miracle 2/13/05, Royal Hounds 9/19/04, Conquestadors 1/11/04,

Glory Hounds 9/13/03, Triumph 1/03, Fascination 5/02

royalsmallwide.gif

If lifes a beach... then I want to cruise there!

For pricing and booking info click:Royal Hounds

My TA splits her commission with me. I get 7.5% back when I return home from my trip.

This is a good perk for working for the same company, but in a different division.

icon_biggrin.gif

Grandeur of the Seas-September 4, 2004

Galaxy-June 7, 2002

Fascination-March 17, 2001

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>

We just get good rates. If we ever get gifts, we paid for them.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not always so. That may have been the case for my first cruise with AAA (when I didn't know any better) and my 3rd cruise (when my Mom booked it), but since then I have shopped around and continue to shop even with my current TA. She always beats the lowest price I can find with any online or discount agents.

<MARQUEE>Are you sailing on the Mariner 7/18/04?...Click here! icon_cool.gif

or HERE! icon_wink.gif

</MARQUEE>

Disney Wonder 3/2000 ~ Disney Magic 9/2000 ~ RCI Vision 2/2001 ~ Carnival Victory 12/2001 ~ Celebrity Millennium 3/2003 ~ RCI Adventure OTS 9/2003 ~ RCI Mariner OTS 7/18/2004 ~ RCI Serenade OTS 9/26/2004

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Christina B.:

HERE, HERE! I whole heartedly agree. I practice the same thing at my agency! I bet online agencies don't put that much time & effort in caring about their clients as that!

Christina<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

As a matter of fact Christina, some of us that work for the online agencies 'DO' put that much time and effort in caring about our clients. We often rebate(lower than what's on our websites) and still send client gifts! Many agents(brick and mortar as well as online) look at selling cruises as a paycheck, others of us look at it as planning someone's dream.

--Tybug--

10-01 Imagination

02-02 Sovereign of the Seas

10-02 Inspiration

01-03 Majesty of the Seas

04-03 Inspiration

10-03 NCL Dawn

02-04 Rhapsody of the Seas

05-04 Majesty of the Seas

10-04 Mariner of the Seas

01-05 Voyager of the Seas

hello chuck&phyllis,

i give you a bit of an example. i work for a brick and mortar agency specializing in cruise but we do other vacations as well. i'm an independent consultant and as such i get 30% commission on each booking. most cruise lines pay around 16% commission on the total price of a cruise. so take a cruise average of $3000.00. that being just an inside fairly inexspensive cruise. on that booking my share of the commission (after the office gets theirs) is $262.08. what i do for my clients is when they book out of my share i discount there booking by $50 each. that comes right off the top of their price. i think that is pretty fair. i didn't get that from any agents i dealt with before

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by canuckcruiser68:

most cruise lines pay around 16% commission on the total price of a cruise. so take a cruise average of $3000.00. that being just an inside fairly inexspensive cruise.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just to be fair. Not all agencies get 16% commission. The commission depends on how much business that agency has done with that particular cruise line. So it might be 10% with one line, 13% with another and 15% with yet another. Every agency is different in what they get paid. At least that is the way it is structured in the US. I see you are in Canada. I know pricing is different (higher) in Canada, but here in the US, we don't get commission on the TOTAL cruise package. Only the cruise portion of the package. And if it is just an inside cabin like you have in your example, it is usually only around $2,000 total, with air included in that. I don't get paid commission on that total of $2000. I get commission on that total minus all port charges & taxes. And I only get a reduced rate, no more than 5%, on the air portion. So commission is not as high for some agencies as you make it out to be. I just wanted to clear that up.

I don't want people out there to think agencies are making $300, $400 or $500+ on an inside cabin cruise booking and not giving high priced gifts or discounts to their clients. It simply isn't true for many agencies out there. Especially for the smaller home based agencies.

christina,

yes i see what you mean about different commissions. i was just trying to give round example. and when i say $3000.00 for an inside that is just a basic price. we also only get commission on base cruise fare and 5% commission on air. $3000.00 canadian just so happens to have been a base cruise fare for an inside room that i had been working on yesterday for somebody. i keep forgetting that our prices here seem like i lot but then you have to figure in the exchange rate

Archived