New here and need HELP

zurmoly

Welcome aboard,

My suggestion is to find a diet like Atkins or SB or WW or whatever and start with that. Then I would add exercise to the plan even if it is fifteen minutes a day with a tape.

To keep motivated join one of the diet threads that is connected your diet plan. Post your losses and gain to keep you accountable. Most diet advisor tell you not to weight yourself everyday. This is probably good advice, because most people fluctuate, then they get discouraged when they see the scale go up instead of down.

I also find that reading a book about diet can really motivate some people. The South Beach diet book helps me to stay on track, since it has testimonials from other people about their sucessess. One book that really motiivated me to step away from the sweets was Sugar Blues. It is VERY old and may be out of print, but you might be able to find it in the library.

Keep in touch

Deb

I agree with Deb on the excersize. It is an absolute must. Joining a thread and reporting your progress is also very helpful. A diet that is balanced and nutritious combined with excersize is the way to go. Slow weight loss is the most healthful and comfortable way. You have about 10 weeks until your cruise. I'd say 10-15 pounds is a more realistic goal, but you'll have to really focus and get started now to meet it. So, join of our threads, it's not so bad and you'll be glad you did it when you board that ship!

You can do it, no sweat. I agree with all the other suggestions. One more thing that always works for me is visualization. Just picture yourself doing something on the cruise looking your best; swimming, formal night, whatever your into. Keep that picture in your head when you feel moments of temptation and you'll do great. Have a super cruise!

Melissa

Hey! You are in the right place!!! :D Exercise, along with a sensible WOE, is a MUST. You cannot keep weight off without exercising. I am a firm believer in that. Heck, I'm living proof of that. If I miss my exercising, the weight creeps back on even if I'm trying to be really good in the eating department. You can definitely lose 20 lbs in 75 days. Good luck and keep coming back here for help and motivation. This board keeps me going. :)

Hi Zurmoly!

You are in the right place! We have everything here! Some people jump around and others stick to one thread. I'd say choose a diet plan and check out the thread to start. That will help you focus. We have real good threads for Atkins and South Beach. The Cruise diet countdown club is a generic thread that talks about dieting trends and general attitudes. I would suggest that first step is pick a diet plan and hook up with the specific diet plan thread. I love both Atkins and South Beach threads.

Keep with it and look around. You will deifinitely find something that suits you here.

GOOD LUCK! :D

Archived