Experience with PIED PIPER or other Gay Group Cruise???

yodaddy1439

I asked a question by email to PP and was put on their email list. Sheesh. Took some work to get them to take me off. They thought I should do the work to unsub.

I guess if enough of you say you like PP, I will give a second chance in a few years, but not right now.

We did one RSVP and was fun but if you limit yourself to only full GLBT charters, you have very few trips to choose from. Looking at a basic cruise now.

• 2 months later...

I haven't been on Pied Piper (yet) but it sounds like a great bunch of regular cruisers.

I just got back from a wonderful LGBT group cruise to Bermuda on the Celebrity Summit in June. It was with a group called Pride of the Ocean. They do an LGBT film festival at sea along with all the cruise stuff.

I was so impressed that I'm going with the group again to Alaska in August 2013.

I like gay group cruises because you can be part of the ship without taking over the whole ship.

I've been on 3 PP cruises over the past 10 years or so. I went by myself on 2 of those. Overall, lots of fun. I'd recommend it. A great way to meet and hang out with other gay guys without the over-the-top, in-your-face ghetto mentality. Met some really great guys.

On both of my solo trips, I asked to be assigned with a random roommate, and I had two completely different experiences.

First one: I was unpacking on the QE II and was nervous about meeting my roommate. He had already been in the room, his stuff was there. After a few minutes, I heard the door opening, and held my breath. F---ing awesome! We were about the same age too. Went up on deck for sailaway, we hung out and had a few drinks. Came down to room to change for dinner and the PP cocktail party. We got "detoured" between undressing and dressing...a HOT detour. That was the first 3 hours!! And the rest of the week was incredible.

Second one: Was assigned with a prominent PP individual. Ok enough, until one day I brought a guy to our room in the middle of the day; roomie was not in room. In the middle of our going at it, roomie came in, turned around and left. Minute later, phone rang. It was him, telling me to stop...he didn't want that going on in HIS room. Wow. True story.

Archived