Wild Whales Vancouver -- good whale tour?

Looking for a good whale tour in Vancouver, and would rather not travel too far from where I am staying (downtown). Wild Whales Vancouver seems to work but I'm having trouble finding a lot of info on them online. We're going late May if that changes things.

Thoughts?

I would check on line with the tours that leave from Steveston....just south of Vancouver...to see what they have to offer in the way of transportation from downtown to Steveston...which is really just a suburb of Vancouver.

The reason I say this is that by leaving from Steveston you are heading right out into the Straight where the whales migrate....so getting to the pods is quicker and you get longer to see the whales.

Leaving from Vancouver harbour means you have a longer run at 'sea' to get to the pods.

Please...do not misunderstand what I am saying... the tours from Vancouver harbour are good tours....the ones from Steveston are just my preference!

Just a thought.

Have a great excursion.

Unlike Victoria whale tours in Vancouver is not a big business...you generally have to travel great distances out of Vancouver to see any of the 3 resident pods of Orcas and the chances of sighting any are not nearly as great as out of Victoria. There are just so many things to do in Vancouver I would be very inclined to do something else unless I just want to go on a very scenic boat ride. Sorry I wish I had better news for you.:(

Looking for a good whale tour in Vancouver, and would rather not travel too far from where I am staying (downtown). Wild Whales Vancouver seems to work but I'm having trouble finding a lot of info on them online. We're going late May if that changes things.

From downtown Vancouver, you really need to travel to Steveston (about 4 miles south of the airport) in order to get the good Whale watching trips. Victoria is a much better place to do a whale watching excursion from.

Tours from both locations will be taking you to see the same pods of Orca's so on a good day one of them may be up closer to Vancouver.

Never have heard of the outfit you mention in Vancouver.

Tours from Steveston regularly are seen heading south from Point Roberts, Wa. which is a long way from Vancouver by boat to seek out J pod.

Archived