Best ship for 50 yr old with 22 yr old daughter

Chelseagirls

I'm learning from N/Bs, how come you never criticise Sue's posts ?

Because Sue is a lovely person and she is able to understand that we all have differing views and is not sarcastic about views that do not match hers.

If you can't take it Mrs. Moderator, then stop trying to dish it out, simple!

:D

Ive never been on a cruise before but like the look of P&O. I dont want my daughter to feel she is surrounded by mostly older people. Neither of us are into sport and we both like dressing up - any ideas please.

I am slightly younger than you and have a daughter the same age as yours, I would say Ventura or Aurora would be nice.

Family ships have younger people on, not only teens and twenties (travelling with parents) ,but also young families in their 20-30's with their children...

Ive never been on a cruise before but like the look of P&O. I dont want my daughter to feel she is surrounded by mostly older people. Neither of us are into sport and we both like dressing up - any ideas please.

RMS Queen Mary 2 or MV Victoria. I have just crossed the Atlantic on QM2 and there was a wide age group on board.

The dress is far more formal than any other ship.

There is a younger feel to Ventura. That said, she will find most people are a lot older than her. But with cruising it doesn't seem to matter. If she likes dressing up then P&O are a good choice as you can dress to the nines whenever you want and feel very comfortable. People only look at you to admire your outfit, not to criticise.

I am sure you will both love cruising.

Good luck.

Matt

PS please ignore a couple of people who seem intent on winding each other up, and wasting time on your post.

RMS Queen Mary 2 or MV Victoria. I have just crossed the Atlantic on QM2 and there was a wide age group on board.

The dress is far more formal than any other ship.

But she wanted a PandO ship suggestion !!:confused:

When are you thinking of going? Ventura in the school holidays will be very busy - lots of families with children. It's also the fact that Ventura has a higher 'over-capacity' total than other ships in the P&O fleet, that is the absolute maximum number of passengers, with all 3rd & 4th beds occupied, is a higher proprotion of normal capacity than on other ships. So (in my view) Ventura is likely to feel more crowded when she's absolutely full than the other ships.

Oceana is reputed to have a nice mix of passengers, and seems to be priced a little lower than others. Artemis tends to attract somewhat older passengers - probably not many twenty-somethings on her - with Oriana & Aurora possibly heading in that direction. Arcadia is child-free and aims to be sophisticated.

The choice of cruise can make a difference, too. My gut feeling is that 14-night northern Europe cruises, together with 7 night Fjords cruises, tend to attract older passengers (that's a huge generalisation, I know....); 14-night Med cruises, plus 7 night Iberian coast cruises, perhaps attract a slightly younger crowd.

But she wanted a PandO ship suggestion !!:confused:

No. She said that she had been looking at P&O. Not the same thing at all. Whilst my suggestion was slightly off centre, it was meant seriously - the Cunard ships are very formal. That seemed to be an attraction - the transatlantic I did had three formal nights, one semi-formal and two of those abominable "Elegant Casual" nights which a lot simply ignored and treated as semi-formal.

Chelseagirls,

we are a family Mum and Dad in their 50s and 2 sons, eldest of which is 22.

We find that although fewer families travel with over 18s there are usually enough on board to make up a good group.

In our experience the larger the ship the better the odds(suppose thats obvious really).

Best group so far was found on the RCI Navigator but not on the smaller P&O ships.

This year we are giving Ventura a go and hoping that with some 3000 folks on board there will be a fair number of over 18s.

We are sailing 31st July.....there are still plenty of cabins so why not give it a go!

Archived