Exercise equipment and library

Catspaw

Hi all! I am going on the Navigator 1/8 sailing, and I have a few questions. In the fitness area, do they offer elliptical (sorry if that is spelled wrong!) machines? Also how current is the book and vhs library? I would like to save space for clothes and gifts, so I don't want to pack too many books. Thanks for your help! :o

Catspaw-

Can't help you with the fitness question, but I found a number of current books in the library. I know I read at least two recent releases when I was on Navigator. And I was sorry I packed so many paperbacks. The tape library was also current, although you'll find a number of new releases playing in your cabin TV. Check the schedule. Each day they have different choices - most of them are very recent.

I think they keep things up-to-date fleetwide. When we were on Diamond, I noticed the same thing. A Patricia Cornwell had come out fairly recently and they had 3 copies.

Just be sure to make the library one of your first stops when you board. That way you get a really good selection for your first book. Todd and I make three fast stops as soon as we board:

1) Alternative restaurant reservations. (You definitely want to do this - Portofino's is wonderful.)

2) Library

3) Spa reservations

Have a wonderful trip! I love Navigator and would go back on her in a heartbeat.

Kathy

Hi Catspaw,

We were on the 11/17/04 sailing. Yes, there was one elliptical machine in the gym. The library had a very nice selection. In fact, I had to return a book to my local library right before the cruise. It was from the "new books" section and I hadn't had a chance to finish it. To my surprise, it was in the Navigator library, so I got to finish it after all. The VHS selection was quite large, pretty much what you would see in the Blockbuster "favorites" area, rather than "new releases". There are three in suite movie channels. They sort of mix old and new movies. Some examples: Anchorman, Terms of Endearment, Spiderman 2, Rear Window, The Terminal, Four Weddings and a Funeral.

Enjoy your cruise!

Lis,

It seemed to be a good selection all-round. I'm a non-fiction person, so I really only look in that section. I have no idea how many books, but the library is certainly as large as those on cruise ships carrying 5 times as many passengers. I don't remember magazines but there were newspapers.

Jamie

Archived