Zeebrugge to Brugge

Hi, I bow to your magnificence (really). I have referred dozens of folks to your travel page describing the Baltic cruise last year, and applaud the time and energy it must have taken to create such a descriptive, complete travelog.

Regards, Bob H

I am blushing, but appreciate those comments. I put those 'walking tours' together for our own use and enjoyment. They were the result of research of where we were going and what to do. The result of our web site was a review of what we actually did, and surprisingly enough they corresponded very well with the plan.

Next year we want to go to Holland and spend two weeks there during the tulip days. So, now I am putting a 'Haarlem Walking Tour' together and will be putting this on the CC web site.

Haarlem is near Amsterdam and was a 'bedroom' community for the rich folks back in their haydays (the 17the century). There is lots of history and the walk will show some of the special places including the museum of Frans Hals, the best master of that time after Rembrandt.

So, travel well, have fun and remember the good times.

OK, not going to pay so much attention to random posts...some kind soul finally told me how to access the Zebrugge-Bruges schedule, and for those showing up on Sundays (through September as far as I can tell), the train leaves Zebrugge Strand on the hour at 33 after the hour( e.g., 0833, 0933, etc.). The return trip from Bruges leave for the port on the hour at 09 minutes after the hour. Note certain about winter sailings. Sorry for any anxiety...

Bob H

• 4 years later...
No, shops will be open, museums are open, etc. In fact, you may find that going into the cathedral and Onze Lieve Vrouwe Kerk might be interesting when a service takes place. Museums in Europe are generally closed on Monday.

Actually I am not sure about the beer brewery but I would be surprised if they close on Sundays.

Again, keep in mind that the old parts are more for tourists rather than for the locals to do their shopping.

Strange... the last time we were in Bruges on a Sunday, nearly all of the shops were closed.

• 1 month later...

We went to Bruges on a Sunday and most of the shops were closed. That being said there were lots of quirky tourist shops open which kept us entertained. The brewery was open http://www.halvemaan.be/index.php?id=5&L=2 and very easy to find. We had the same debate about paying so much. But! Bruges was my favourite port of our cruise - it is absolutely stunning! We were glad we had booked the ship transfer as we docked at 7am and departed at 3pm. Zeebrugge is very industrial and we were glad we had paid the extra rather than stressing about train times etc.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by bubblesqueaker