Ruby R338 Decent?

Anyone had this cabin? I've heard there can be some noise from the pool deck above. How often is this heard? What kind of noise? Hopefully this won't be a problem since we are boht HOH! Can you hear noise when you are out on your balcony? Can you hear MUTS? I think the balcony is 5 ft. by 9 ft. not large like the ones on Caribe, correct? On one site I read where this cabin is 268 sq. ft., but if the balcony isn't larger aren't all balcony rooms the same exact size? Anyone have pictures. We usually stay mid ship, mid deck, will the ship be rocking more side to side? If anyone has pictures, it would be great. Thanks:).

I don't think you'll have a problem with the noise. I was at the other end of the Riveria Deck and Cafe Caribe was above my cabin. I didn't experience any noise issues.

Also, when we enjoyed a nightly movie at MUTS, after it was over (10:30ish), the area wasn't all that busy. Just a few people enjoying the evening or walking through.

Enjoy your cruise. The Ruby is beautiful!:)

Thanks Caribbean Sunsets. I am sure we will be fine. I still can't believe we will have a balcony! Did you notice the motion of the ship more on that deck? Do you know if the aft pool on that deck has hot tubs? I can't tell by the deck plans. How many hot tubs are on Lido deck? Do you know how late they are open?

Thanks for any help!

There isn't a hot tub at the Terrace Pool. There is one up above and, of course, at the main pool. I'm not sure how late the hot tubs are open. I didn't use them. The Terrace Pool was open until 10:30-11PM before crew members would come and close it. I like the Terrace Pool since it's for adults only and really enjoyed the close proximity of my Riveria cabin.

We had gale force winds when we were on the Ruby. I did feel the movement but don't feel it was any worse than another part of the ship. When the winds are that strong, you'll feel it anywhere (IMO). It only lasted a day. The Captain came to our Meet & Greet, and he told us that the winds would subside that evening...and they did.

Thanks for the info. Yes, that terrace pool on Riviera sounds nice. Maybe not as crowded as the main pool.

I'll take my sea sick pills just in case. Only had a problem on the Tahitian Princess and I think it was because of the small size of the ship. The 2 days to Cook Islands was pretty rough and we were not able to make it on land due to rough seas. Still a wonderful cruise-my favorite so far out ot 10 cruises.

Thanks for the info. Yes, that terrace pool on Riviera sounds nice. Maybe not as crowded as the main pool.

I'll take my sea sick pills just in case. Only had a problem on the Tahitian Princess and I think it was because of the small size of the ship. The 2 days to Cook Islands was pretty rough and we were not able to make it on land due to rough seas. Still a wonderful cruise-my favorite so far out ot 10 cruises.

Have you tried the Sea Bands? A friend used them on that same Ruby cruise and really liked the immediate effect and wasn't sleepy/groggy.

Have a great cruise!:)

No, have not tried the sea bands. Where do you get them? Drugstore? I don't remember seeing them, but I have heard of them. I've also heard ginger pills, so will try them. Luckily, I always take some gingerale and it helps also.

You can get them at CVS, Walmart, Target, etc. They cost about $10. You can Google them to read about them.:)

Archived