Trains in Italy

Hopefully, someone familiar with the trains in/around Rome can help me. I've searched all over the web and cannot find the answer.

If I have a pass that is "valid in three zones, for an unlimited number of trips" on "regional railways Trenitalia - 2nd class (except servizio metropolitano FR1 FCO aeroport to Rome, special connections Leonardo Express and and local urban services though carried out by Cotral)", can I use that pass to get to the port at Civitavecchia? Nowhere can I find the train zones referred to, or how many zones it is from Termini to the train station at the port. Thanks in advance for any information.

Lynn

Hopefully, someone familiar with the trains in/around Rome can help me. I've searched all over the web and cannot find the answer.

If I have a pass that is "valid in three zones, for an unlimited number of trips" on "regional railways Trenitalia - 2nd class (except servizio metropolitano FR1 FCO aeroport to Rome, special connections Leonardo Express and and local urban services though carried out by Cotral)", can I use that pass to get to the port at Civitavecchia? Nowhere can I find the train zones referred to, or how many zones it is from Termini to the train station at the port. Thanks in advance for any information.

Lynn

A Susan-M stated, the pass is not valid for Civitavecchia (Zone 5). The zones are transportation (primarily bus) zones.

A Susan-M stated, the pass is not valid for Civitavecchia (Zone 5). The zones are transportation (primarily bus) zones.

Thanks for confirming that ... and on behalf of all of us who have benefitted from your excellent website (that I posted the link to above) ... grazie mille!:)

Hi Lynn,

If it's the Roma Pass that you are referring to, the consensus is that it's not valid for Civitavecchia (5 zones). The regional train from Termini to Civitavecchia is 4.5 euros/pp. This website might be of additional help: http://www.ftroute.com/ItalianTrains.htm

Thank you so much. That website is EXTREMELY helpful. Needless to say, it is now in my favorites list.

Lynn

Archived