Hotel shuttle cost to Civitavecchia

Do you know which hotel in Civitavecchia has the best price for its shuttle from FCO?

FCO is about 50 miles from Civitavecchia, so I doubt any of them offer shuttles.

If you're looking to save a little money;

• Take the train from FCO to Rome Termini
  • Stay in Rome itself (somewhere inexpensive like http://www.the-beehive.com/ which was GREAT)
  • Take the train from Rome Termini to Civitavecchia on sailing day

Both the rail trips are inexpensive (10E approx)

Thanks for the info, Scottbee. Rome is probably more exciting than Civitavecchia anyway LOL. I did read somewhere on a Board that at least one hotel in C. had shuttle service. You had to pay of course. thanks again.

Hotel Traiano in Civitavecchia has a shuttle from FCO to the hotel. The cost is around 120 euro for 4 people.

Which was exactly my point; no one is going to have a free shuttle. for 120 euro, two people could

ride the train from FCO to Rome Termini

stay at the Beehive overnight

ride the train from Termini to Civitavecchia

Which was exactly my point; no one is going to have a free shuttle. for 120 euro, two people could

ride the train from FCO to Rome Termini

stay at the Beehive overnight

ride the train from Termini to Civitavecchia

I agree completely. I have never taken a shuttle to Civ. We took the Leonardo Express to the Termini and then the train to Civ. It leaves on track 28. My sister and brother-in-law are going to take the shuttle. The wife and I pack light, and are taking the trains. Try to get an ICI train that goes further than but stops in Civ. It's faster and nicer than the regional train. The regional train stops on track 1 in Civ, and the faster trains stop on tracks that will require you to go down stairs under the tracks to the terminal. Pack light. But if you are hauling many bags, the shuttle may be for you.

I agree completely. I have never taken a shuttle to Civ. We took the Leonardo Express to the Termini and then the train to Civ. It leaves on track 28. My sister and brother-in-law are going to take the shuttle. The wife and I pack light, and are taking the trains. Try to get an ICI train that goes further than but stops in Civ. It's faster and nicer than the regional train. The regional train stops on track 1 in Civ, and the faster trains stop on tracks that will require you to go down stairs under the tracks to the terminal. Pack light. But if you are hauling many bags, the shuttle may be for you.

Our last trip was a little different in that we didn't take the train for either of those links because;

1) We landed at CIA instead of FCO, so that meant catching the bus instead of the train (I think it was 8E)

2) We arranged with our roll call, for an entire coach to take 49 of us from Termini to Civitavecchia. Cost was 10E each with a HUGE tip

But, definitely it's the train for us. Next time we're considering flying into ZRH instead, day 1 train to Genova or Pisa (via Milano), and day 2; train down the coast to Civitavecchia.

Archived