Time Zone

jnv412

I live in Eastern time zone and I am leaving from Miami, also Eastern time zone. Is Roatan 2 hours behind? I was looking at a time zone map and according to that map it is 2 hours right now because they are not observing daylight savings time. Just seeing if anyone knows for certain and has had experience with the time change.

I live in Eastern time zone and I am leaving from Miami, also Eastern time zone. Is Roatan 2 hours behind? I was looking at a time zone map and according to that map it is 2 hours right now because they are not observing daylight savings time. Just seeing if anyone knows for certain and has had experience with the time change.

I believe you are right. When we were there in March, right after daylight saving's time started the time difference was two hours, however the ship will stay on Miami time, so always keep your watch set to ship time . Don't use your cell phone to keep track of time as it will frequently be wrong.

Can't say what the ships do but I can say for sure Roatan is the same as US Central time but does not Observe Daylight Saving time so now it is 2 hours different from eastern but when the US changes it will be only one hour.

thanks!! About the ships time change--- The capers say to set your clocks back? Which is it?

Different cruise-lines (and even some ships) follow different rules about time zones. Some switch to the time zones of the next port and some stay on the time zone of the origin/destination. Just follow the announced / posted instructions. The most important thing is to not miss the ship on a port due to an incorrectly set watch! Everything else comes a distant second.

Other than that, who cares what time is it - you are on vacation!

thanks!! About the ships time change--- The capers say to set your clocks back? Which is it?

Not to be a smart alec, but are you looking at the Capers from November? If so, it might have read "set your clocks back" due to the end of Daylight Savings Time.

Archived