Help on selecting activities for Cozumel

amcg96

We are going to Cozumel on the Freedom of the Seas this Oct and just getting into the planning process for our ports.

We've heard Cozumel has great beach activities but we really want to know what alternatives we have to make the most out of our day than rather just stay the whole day at the beach.

DH is 31 and I'm 32, both pretty active and just looking for fun and exciting things!!

We have taken some awesome excursions in Cozumel! I'm going to say my favorite was the underwater scooter. OMGosh, that was so much fun!!

I've done the regular dolphin swim twice and the royal swim once, all at Chankanaab Park. Those are very cool, too. Also at Chankanaab, there is some pretty good snorkeling and a pretty nature trail with Mayan reproductions along it. I believe they have the Sea Trek helmet dive there, too. We did that in Jamaica once, and it was lots of fun.

One of my DH's favorite excursions was through Carnival, the jeep excursion to Punta Sur. They provide nice, well kept jeeps and put you 4 to a jeep, with one of the guests driving. The jeeps go in a caravan and communicate via CB radio. At Punta Sur, you visit a small Mayan ruin and a lighthouse, where you have an authentic Mexican lunch. But the best part is snorkeling. You snorkel for quite a long distance from the beach. We had a great time on that one.

Don't forget to leave time for a stop by Margaritaville and for shopping. I think Cozumel has the best shopping of the 10 ports I've visited.

You can also go to the mainland from Cozumel and visit Tulum ruins or Xcaret.

There are so many things to do in Cozumel that I don't think I'll ever get tired of visiting there!

Take the ferry to Playa del Carmen. The shopping and restaurants on 5th ave are not to be missed-- guacamole made tableside at Palapa Hemingways is to die for. Zenzi Beach Club, Mamita Beach Club, or Kool Beach Club fun to hang out at-- great waiters, drinks and comfy beach beds or chairs with palapas.

ruins in Tulum are stunning.

Also, swimming with turtles in Akumal was awesome!

Take the ferry to Playa del Carmen. The shopping and restaurants on 5th ave are not to be missed-- guacamole made tableside at Palapa Hemingways is to die for. Zenzi Beach Club, Mamita Beach Club, or Kool Beach Club fun to hang out at-- great waiters, drinks and comfy beach beds or chairs with palapas.

ruins in Tulum are stunning.

Also, swimming with turtles in Akumal was awesome!

How far from Playa del Carmen is Akumal? How did you arrange for this excursion?

Archived