walking tour in Gaslight District,Vancouver

I have searched on-line and can not find this. I am hoping someone can give me some directions for a walk that wouldn't last more than 2 hours. Starting from Canada Place, what would be a good route for a walking tour of the Gaslight District. I am interested in architecture, history, scenic spots, etc. Can someone please help me with this? Thanks.

Walking Gastown will be terrific these days. The city has finally finished some street construction on Carrall that allows access from Water to Cordova. There is the new Irish Heather pub that might be worth a look on Carrall. That being said, there is now construction that blocks off Carrall Street from Cordova to Hastings. For those of you who wish to walk Gastown and then Chinatown, I would recommend you stay away from this one particular block.

Not trying to scare anyone, but with the street blocked off, the sidewalks don't allow any opportunities to avoid confrontation because the buildings are one side and a row of fences the other. Give it a couple of months and they will be finished the construction (hopefully).

Mike

PG 2004, 2007

Archived