Santorini Smart Bus

mari10

I am still in the research stage for Santorini, not been there yet. I hadn't even FOUND this in all of my searches. Frankly, their regular bus service seems pretty easy and inexpensive... plus it has more direct shots instead of the limited lines hitting multiple stops. I think we'll stick with that!

Judy

• 1 year later...
Has anyone used the smart bus recently? We were thinking of trying it the end of the month but it is very hard to find reviews.

Hi Donna,

Just back off the RCCL Brilliance of the Sea's and stopped in Santorini (to die for by the way) and we used the Smart Cruise actually. Same company that runs the smart buses. I have to say the best value I've seen or heard of on our entire ship and everyone was jelous of what an amazing day we had:D You can buy your tickets at the Kamari Tour office which is pretty easy to find if you just take a right at the main road and continue up till you see the big Smart bus sign. Really nice and efficient place. We took an all day ferry that left at 9:20am and took us through the red and black beaches, a swim in the hot springs (a must do), a stop at the dock in Fira for a coffee and some shopping then on to Amoudi for lunch right off the pier - (must stop at Dimitri's) then off to Oia for an hour or 2 and back to Fira where you can catch your tender back - We grabbed a cab not to cut it too close - days ends about 5:30pm. All for 35Euro!!! My only suggestion would be to email ahead and find out the choises they have available as the brochure we saw online wasn't quite up to date. Also if you are there on a Sunday they only open at 9am! We kinda rushed off at 7:30am very excited :p

Hope this helped - Happy Travels!

Thanks for the tip about the smart cruise. The smart bus website doesn't seem to work (at least this morning it is not) and I am having trouble finding anything on the web. If anyone has a link that works, please post.

Thank you!

Here is a link I just found that hopefully can help you: http://www.greekhotel.com/cyclades/santorin/kamari/kamaritr/home.htm Otherwise I think I kept a brochure I can try to find and scan here. I think the trick is to google Kamari Tours santorini instead of just smart bus. I was having trouble finding stuff on the net before leaving as well but i assure you it was really worth it once we found them! Enjoy :D

Archived