Ciao Mein/Plate Lunch in Oahu

Travelover

We will be sailing on the PoA July 11, but will be on Oahu two days before. Has anyone eaten at Ciao Mein? Also, what plate lunch establishments would you recommend?

On which island(s)? Have heard good stuff about Ciao Mein but haven't eaten there myself.

on Oahu...

we will be arriving in Honolulu 6 p.m. and hope to have dinner there...think it is near hotel we are staying at pre-cruise...wonder if I need reservations...

Probably not at this point - visitor counts are really really down - the places that are still in business are thrilled to have customers. A lot of my fave places on Oahu are closed, unfortunately. Still, you can have your concierge call and maybe score a better table.

That said - a couple of good places that, so far as I know, are still around are Indigo and Alan Wong's. Indigo is very popular, though, and you probably would need to make reservations - it is in Chinatown, so you will also need a cab. Alan Wong's also - don't know where you are staying, though.

we ate at Alan Wong's on our last trip to Oahu...it was wonderful and we met Alan Wong and had a nice conversation with him...don't know if we will be able to get back there this trip...

we are traveling with two fussy people-one doesn't eat fish, the other eats like a bird...the rest of us are easy...

we ate at Alan Wong's on our last trip to Oahu...it was wonderful and we met Alan Wong and had a nice conversation with him...don't know if we will be able to get back there this trip...

we are traveling with two fussy people-one doesn't eat fish, the other eats like a bird...the rest of us are easy...

Most places in Hawaii have alternatives to fish/shellfish - don't know what to do with your 'eats like a bird' person though - not too many places that serve cracked corn or worms...:D

Archived