Epic "New Wave"' Upper Berth and Sofa Bed

riggins

Hi guys-

I've been looking at the renderings for the Family (deluxe and regular) Balconies on the Epic. They say that they sleep 4 with an upper berth and a sofa bed. Anyone have any idea where the upper berth might be and how it might integrate with the "wave" design? I know that on some of the other ships, the upper berth hangs from the wall, which would seem difficult given the wave shape. I've also seen uppers on Disney that fold flat into the ceiling, but even those rest against the flat wall behind them . . . and the celing above isn't "domed" as the Epic ceilings are described. And while I'm pondering the wave design, I'm not sure how the curved sofa becomes something you'd want to sleep on either. Anyone have a better visual of how this might work?

Thanks

Leslie

I've been wondering exactly the same thing, since we've got one of those balcony cabins booked and there are four of us! :) Unfortunately, I think we're just going to have to be patient for a while, though, since the information simply isn't available at this point. I'm hoping we'll get a little more in the near future, but we may have to wait until people actually get on board and post info or pictures for us.

Hi guys-

I've been looking at the renderings for the Family (deluxe and regular) Balconies on the Epic. They say that they sleep 4 with an upper berth and a sofa bed. Anyone have any idea where the upper berth might be and how it might integrate with the "wave" design? I know that on some of the other ships, the upper berth hangs from the wall, which would seem difficult given the wave shape. I've also seen uppers on Disney that fold flat into the ceiling, but even those rest against the flat wall behind them . . . and the celing above isn't "domed" as the Epic ceilings are described. And while I'm pondering the wave design, I'm not sure how the curved sofa becomes something you'd want to sleep on either. Anyone have a better visual of how this might work?

Thanks

Leslie

It could be inset into ceiling as we saw on the Pearl in Jan/feb. However it was located just inside of the balcony door so you would have had to bend over to get out to balcony.

It could be inset into ceiling as we saw on the Pearl in Jan/feb. However it was located just inside of the balcony door so you would have had to bend over to get out to balcony.

That's probably a good bet... do you have pictures, by any chance? When we were on the Pearl, we were in an inside, so our extra beds just pulled down from the walls. I've never seen one that comes down from the ceiling. I have no problem scooting under it to get out on the balcony. After having three and four in insides previously, I've done plenty of scooting! :p

Archived