Another Question on Pier 91

emmysmom

We are driving to Pier 91 for our cruise on the Golden and will be using the Bainbridge Island ferry to get to Seattle. Does anyone know the best way to get from the ferry dock to Pier 91? :confused: All the driving directions I can find are from either I-5 North or South ~ we won't be using I-5.

It was so easy to get to the old Princess terminal from the ferry ~ I am hoping the new one isn't too hard to find! ;)

Turn left out of the ferry terminal and head north on Alaskan Way. At the north end of the waterfront, the road turns to the right; cross over the railroad tracks and turn left on Western. Go straight to where Western intersects with Denny/Elliott Way and continue north. As you approach the Magnolia Bridge you should see signs for Pier 91 as well. Take the bridge exit and follow the signs to Pier 91.

Turn left out of the ferry terminal and head north on Alaskan Way. At the north end of the waterfront, the road turns to the right; cross over the railroad tracks and turn left on Western. Go straight to where Western intersects with Denny/Elliott Way and continue north. As you approach the Magnolia Bridge you should see signs for Pier 91 as well. Take the bridge exit and follow the signs to Pier 91.

Thanks so much! :D I have been trying some of the map/directions sites on the internet and their directions look very confusing. You make it sound very easy! My DH will appreciate it very much when I am giving him directions on where to go! :rolleyes:

You're welcome, happy to help ;-). You're basically following the waterfront, heading north, but you have to do a few jogs because the road doesn't go straight along the waterfront north of Pier 70 or so.

Be aware that while that road is "jogging" ... and it's quite obvious that it's the main road and the same road ... it will change names a few times (Western/Elliott/15th). Can be quite confusing for newcomers, so don't want you getting confused in that. Just stay on until you see the signs for the cruise ships. :)

Thanks ~ I will my eyes open for the jogs in the road and the signs. ;) My husband gets a little overwhelmed driving in the city. I grew up in Tacoma ~ live in a small town now, a whole lot different than Seattle!

I haven't been to Forks in awhile, but I LOVE the coast out there! A bit jealous ...

It is a beautiful out here. I love the Port Angeles area too, we hope to retire there someday! We are getting quite a bit of tourists coming through town ~ especially since "Twilight" is so popular! :)

Archived