Indy versus Venturu- how do they compare??

Hi has any one been on both of these ships. I understand they are both about the same age but just wanted to know how cabins, food entertainment compares on each of these liners--so which is the best overall , The IOS or THe Ventura?? any advice appreciated- thank you

I've done a 2 nighter on Ventura and spent 6 nights on Indy.

I don't feel I spent long enough on Ventura to be able to comment on the general quality of the entertainment, but the production show 'Saturday Night Fever' and the tribute acts over the two nights were very good. Indy has elements you just won't find on P&O such as the ice shows, Quest and the Love & Marriage game show (I'm assuming that the latter two take place on Indy in Europe?). I think all are brilliant, but I can see that they may not hold as much appeal for the more mature cruiser, particularly Quest!

I had a balcony cabin on both ships. Both are very nicely decorated, but Ventura's seemed much smaller, particularly the shower unit was which was tiny.

I'd say the food quality is roughly similar, but Ventura's is more tailored for the British palate whereas Indy offers a more US/international taste. if you're looking for variety, both ships offer alternative restaurants. I've eaten in East on Ventura which was a really lovely experience although expensive and Indy offers Portofino and Chops Grille.

Archived