vos may 21 early seating

what will you be wearing on board the first day in case you don't get your luggage on time for early seating. it's me my husband and 2 kids that's a lot of xtra clothes to carry on. also our documents say boarding time is 1:00 what time will you be boarding? that is another reason i'm concerned about what to wear i don't want my kids to spill something on them and then not have my luggage.

thank you

stacey

The first night is very lenient since a lot of folks won't have their bags yet. We carry a backpack with the swimsuits and coverups in it and as soon as we are onboard they can change into swimgear and then change back into their boarding clothes for dinner time. If you roll everything and put it into ziploc bags you can sqeeze the air out and put a sufficient amount of items into one backpack. If you wear something like a pair of slacks and blouse you will be fine, and same with the guys. Simple slacks or dockers and collared shirts should be fine. If you're heading to Canada it may be too cold for the swimwear so you may not need to even carry that on board. Even leaving from NJ it should be cool enough to not worry about anything other than slacks and tops. Take the first few hours on board before your luggage arrives to have lunch and then take a full self guided tour of the ship.

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;12;04;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0600[/img]
'Til my next cruise

Hey mommao. Depending on the weather, I will be wearing either shorts and a collared shirt, shorts and a t-shirt, jeans and a collared shirt, or khakis and a collared shirt when we board the ship. I am going with my older brother and parents and we are all planning on taking one carry-on luggage each with a dressier outfit for dinner in case we need it. I am also going to throw my swim suit in my carry on bag so I can go swimming before dinner if it is HOT out. I can't help you with the kids and spilling since I am 21 and the rest of my family is older, but since I am usually the spiller in the family I may run into this problem as well. We are planning on arriving at the pier by 11:30am or so. My dad is one of those "we have to get to the airport 4 hours before the plane leave" kind of people so i'm sure we will be there very early. Can't wait, only 2 more weeks!!

I'm also on the 5/21 sailing. What is there to do near the pier if we do arrive early? I'm drving from the Hudson Valley and want to give myself some extra time in case of traffic.

Thanks

Judy
RCCL Voyager 5/21-5/30/04
CCL Inspiration 4/4-4/11/04
NCL Sea 4/14-4/27/03
DCL Wonder 5/16-5/19/02
DCL Wonder 5/3-5/8/01
CCL Fantasy 2/15-2/18/01

judy, what time are you heading down? we are going to drive down also. i don't think there is too much by there. we are trying to figure out what time to leave.
are you traveling with any children?
stacey

Hi Stacey no children with us just mother and daughter. I just started thinking about what time to leave. Tonight I will do mapquest. I think it will be about a 2 hour drive for us that's how long it takes up to go to NYC.

What time do you think we will be able to board? Might leave about 10-11 am or so just in case we run into traffic.

What are you thinking?

Judy
RCCL Voyager 5/21-5/30/04
CCL Inspiration 4/4-4/11/04
NCL Sea 4/14-4/27/03
DCL Wonder 5/16-5/19/02
DCL Wonder 5/3-5/8/01
CCL Fantasy 2/15-2/18/01

Archived