Whittier to Anchorage - Small Group

kaisatsu

We're a group of 5 adults and will be disembarking July 4th in Whittier. I'm trying to figure out the best option for getting us up to Anchorage. We'll be meeting local family in Anchorage, so the drop-off point is pretty flexible.

Aside from the Alaskan Leopard Shuttle Tour, most of the CC rec'd transfer services seem to cost around $55/person, and with 5 people, we can book a private transfer for that much. Are there other recommended companies I should look at that might cost less? Whittier Shuttle looks to cost less, but does anyone know anything about them?

Since we can't book a car and explore (large rentals are already sold out), I like the idea of the Wildlife Center stop with Alaskan Leopard, but is the narration too corny?

Thanks!!!

-Meg

We used Girdwood Transfer to move our party of 6. One of the couples used the Leopard company and went to the Wildlife Center. They liked the center, but it took a long time for them to get to Anchorage to pick up their rentals. We were a couple of hours ahead of them to Denali, before they picked their rentals up.

We used Girdwood Transfer to move our party of 6. One of the couples used the Leopard company and went to the Wildlife Center. They liked the center, but it took a long time for them to get to Anchorage to pick up their rentals. We were a couple of hours ahead of them to Denali, before they picked their rentals up.

Did you use the shuttle or private transfer. because the shuttle starts around 9.45. What time you reached ANC and then Denali. I plan to do same.

We are using a private transfer. Our pickup is scheduled for around 7:40-7:45ish and we plan to be on the 8am tunnel opening. I was told we would reach Anchorage around 9:30-9:45 or so, barring any traffic or road problems. We ended up using the private transfer because all of the other shuttles were too late in the morning to accomodate our schedule. I researched many companies and Girdwood Shuttles was the least expensive by far. I will post a review after our trip.

Can anyone who recently just came back from an Alaska cruise please provide some feedback on transfer between Whittier and Anchorage? We really would like to hear from people who used Whittier Alaska Shuttle Bus Service, which is the least expensive one so far I can find.

Thanks!!

Archived