swimming with the dolphins

weezi

Caro, are you sure about them being closed? I have a pre-paid reservation for 3 Royal Swims for December 22nd that I booked in June. I have not received any word from them that it's closed (or received a refund). I just Emailed them to request a confirmation, but have not yet heard back.

Hurricane Ivan didn't actually hit Cozumel but the effects of the wind did some damage ~ all of which is back to normal except for Atlantida. They are doing some repairs right now and as Caro mentioned are supposed to reopen in January. Is your dolphin reservation for Dolphin Discovery or Atlantida?

Sorry for the confusion...I was refering to Atlantida which is closer to downtown. They received severe damage to the holding pen fences from the waves and wind. And when they moved the dolphins out, they all died. So they are in the process of rebuilding both fence and dolphin count. Dolphin Discovery is just fine! Didn't mean to scare anyone.

Just did the Royal Swim last week----amazing! One of the highlights of my trip. The trainer was so nice and you could tell they really care about the dolphins. Amazing experience. It was worth the expense and it was expensive! The park is also very nice, didn't care for the beach chairs much but they didn't charge you for them. The snorkeling right off shore is great! They charge for almost everything in that park though so if you have your own mask and snorkel you'll save money.

Archived