Odd thing to worry about, I know

My DH and I have been on a couple of other cruises' date=' each time with friends....so we were able to do things together. This trip DH and I are going it alone. That will be very different for us (hope we can handle all that quality time, LOL!). The upside though, we will be able to do whatever we want and not worry about the other couple not liking our choices. I think we will enjoy all of the shows that are offered, which we have missed out on in the past and I know I love enjoying a good book out on the balcony (hubby likes his favorite hobby of napping). Our last trips were all about going non-stop...seeing everything and doing everything that we could. We were exhausted. I think this time around we plan on doing a whole lot of nothing....lots of relaxing. Who knows, maybe we will make new friends? Counting down the days!

Are there alot of you cruisers out there that just go it alone instead of with a group? Are there pros and cons you want to point out?[/quote']

We never cruise with a group other than a few times with family. We like to cruise alone and do anything we want to or not, without having to round anyone else up.

Our favorite thing to do is sit out on our balcony and eat, stare out to see and read. Only way to go for sure.

Have a ball!

The Dh and I work vastly different schedules at home. We usually see each other 4 evenings, then don't see each other for 3 days when we work opposite shifts. Vacations are for us to reconnect and spend some time together, just enjoying each other's company. When we cruised in Nov. we each did a few things alone, but spent most of the time together. I wanted to go to tea, and he reluctantly tagged along. I DID tell him he didn't have to go. He ended up enjoying it so much, he was asking if our next cruise will have tea 4 times, since we have 4 sea days! We are planning a cruise in April with our nieces and nephew, and there is talk of other family members wanting to join us. I'm trying to discourage them without sounding like I am. I really don't want to be stuck entertaining 3 kids, and then a bunch of kidults. :D

As far as the roll calls go, we had an awesome one going for our cruise last year. We had so much fun with the people we met that 3 of them are booked on our upcoming cruise! So we start of knowing 5 people before we even leave, and our new roll call members all sound very interesting, and I look forward to meeting them! No matter what you decide to do, make the most of it! You're on a cruise!!!:D:D:p:p

My DH and I have been on a couple of other cruises' date=' each time with friends....so we were able to do things together. This trip DH and I are going it alone. That will be very different for us (hope we can handle all that quality time, LOL!). The upside though, we will be able to do whatever we want and not worry about the other couple not liking our choices. I think we will enjoy all of the shows that are offered, which we have missed out on in the past and I know I love enjoying a good book out on the balcony (hubby likes his favorite hobby of napping). Our last trips were all about going non-stop...seeing everything and doing everything that we could. We were exhausted. I think this time around we plan on doing a whole lot of nothing....lots of relaxing. Who knows, maybe we will make new friends? Counting down the days!

Are there alot of you cruisers out there that just go it alone instead of with a group? Are there pros and cons you want to point out?[/quote']

My husband and I are also cruising alone, in October, for our 25th anniversary. Our first cruise in 2000 was a surprise for hubby and we sailed alone. We have since cruised once with just our then-teenage boys and three timess with a group of friends.

We now have an empty nest, except during summer vacation, and LOVE it. I can't wait to spend time with my honey on the open seas.

but they said they just weren't into the cruising and would rather just fly to mexico and stay at an all inclusive. Personally' date=' [b']I don't understand anyway that says they don't care for cruising.[/b] I mean honestly, it is the ONLY way to go!!

Your friends are saying this. "I just don't understand why anyone would want to go on a cruise when going to a all inclusive is the way to go.

My wife hates fish, and I like it.

We all have different likes and dislikes, I for one try to understand my friends and what they like to do and not judge them on that.

Archived