Pictures from recent Paradise Beach visit

lisaland15

Lisa,

Thanks for sharing your pics with us! I love the Halloween costume! Very clever.

Wow you are a busy family - two cruises in less than two months! Fun!

Can't wait to experience Paradise Beach. Looks like you all had a great time.

Thanks everyone! :)

karlanee--My daughter was born in 2003, so "I" didn't get my cruise in that year, so we took two this year to make up for it. :D

We try to cruise once a year--we live only about 25 mins. from the Port of Galveston and the Port of Houston. It's a very affordable family vacation for us. Plus, we homeschool our oldest, so I'm able to work the cruises in inexpensive travel times of the year.

Cruisin' Patty--I'm not a very good judge of distances..., but I would say 40 ft. or so. For some reason, they seemed a little closer this time than they were in Nov. when we went. Hummmmm. (You can see more pictures of Paradise Beach in the "Rhapsody of the Sea" album at Webshots).

It's about 10-12 ft. deep around them. The first time we were there, my 9 yr. old had a little trouble getting out there by himself. First, dad helped him. Second, he used a snokel vest. Then, he used a floaty mat.

This time, he got out there without a problem. He made it up to the top of the iceberg 10 times!

Of all our stops/ports, Paradise Beach was his favorite. :)

Lisa, what time were you all there on the 10th? We were there too on the 10th. We left about 2:30pm. I was looking for us in that beach picture. LOL

We were on that back row of chairs right near where the grassy area and beach met. There were 5 of us.

Isn't it a beautiful place.

mojo2rusty--We were there early--right when they opened. Both times, we sat in the same place. We sat in the back row, second and third group of chairs in by the showers, restroom, and snorkel rental area (plus the bar!). We had a tree (or two) and the main building that provided shade for a little longer in the day than just the umbrella. With a 16 mo. old, having shade was important for us.

Also, both times, the little one took a two hour nap--talk about Paradise. :D

Archived