Friends made while cruising

Cruisin D

I was wondering what fond memories you have of the people that you meet while cruising.

We have been on a number of cruies most of them around the South Pacific, but last year we ventured a little further from home and took a Carnival Splendour cruise in the med.

We have many fond memories from the cruise and the fantastic places that we visited.

While we where on one of our shore tours in Izmir Turkey we met a lovely lady from the USA her name is Evangaline, she was in her early 60's. I did not notice her at first on our tour, but when we reached our stop at the House of the Virgin Mary I noticed a woman on her own having trouble with the steep road. I left my DH with our kids and went to offer this lady some help. It turned out that she had had a knee replacement and her other knee was not to good. I spent the day with her helping her around, letting her use my arm to steady herself.

She is the most wonderful lady and my family and I had the best time with her that day.

We saw her around the ship during the cruise and we exchanged addresses and took photos. Since being back from our cruise we have kept in touch with Evangaline.

I think of her often and wonder how she is doing on the other side of the world. And I feel proud to have met such a wonderful person.

This is one of the fondest memories form my hoilday.:)

We, too, have met some wonderful people while cruising. We have a few in particular that we met on 'Roll Call' even before cruising. We had several months of chatting back and forth getting to know each, discussing excursions and our excitement for the upcoming cruise.

When we finally met on board, we all clicked and an instant life long friendship was formed. This was two years ago, and we are planning our 3rd cruise with them. We live in different parts of the US, so the distance between us is not as great as yours.

We always look forward to cruising but when we are meeting our friends, it just makes that cruise so much more special. We also stay in close communication with all of them.

We met a great family while on VOS out of Miami back in 2005. They invited us (myself and ex husband now) to join them on their dinning table. We had a great week with them. We have since cruised together another two times since then and hoping to make it the third next year.

I love dinner times when you get to know new people over the week, especially if you are all from different countries :)

a couple years ago on the AOS we were upset to find our table assign was a table of 4 when we had req a table of 8. At the arranged pre sail away meeting for our cc grp I mentioned this ( in not so happy of a manor ) Strangley enoough the couple we were talking to were our assinged table mates. It couldn't have worked out better and we are now friends and have cruised together many times and they are flying frm Brussels to visit with us a couple days post of our Baltic cruise. Excited to see them again....Linda

New friends..... thats what it's all about.

In 1998 we became friendly with a couple at our dining room table. We have since cruised with them three more times with another cruise coming up next summer.

Some of our past cruise friends have been at our home for a Dry Land re-union and will be here again at the end of their Explorer cruise on Saturday before heading home to Ohio.

There are others also met here on these pages that we have cruised with again and are also coming next summer for another MIXED NUTZ re-union.

In the meantime, many of us MIXED NUTZ keep in touch both on these cruise boards and on e mail and some on Facebook. We all come from four corners of the United States and never would have met without a cruise. How great this all has been. We are richer for our friends.

I remember on one of my cruises I met a group of folks while waiting to go one a shore excursion, they were taking pictures and I asked them if they wanted me to take a group picture of them..... After that, I affectionately became known as their own private photographer, everytime we saw each other, they were taking pictures.... It became a wonderful lifetime memory!

I still smile when I think about them...

Pam

Archived