Nassau - ideas welcome

vi reynolds

Hi,

We have just booked a Carnival cruise, a last minute mad thing. We were undecided for a while as to two possible itineraries but since everyone said that Half Moon Cay is awesome we decided to go for that.

Now, some people have taken this cruise and said that Nassau was their least favourite port. I'm sure it will be lovely still. However, I was looking for ideas as to what to do. I mean we could just take it easy and not do an awful lot, however our cruise includes four days at sea so there should be plenty of opportunity to relax then.

Ok, our group consists of my husband and myself (late 20s), my husband is the one who is into sports and stuff; our little 6 month old baby (the idea sounded crazy to me at first but the more I read, the more doable it seems) and my parents who are in their late 50s/early 60s.

The idea is that everyone enjoy themselves. However, my parents are more than happy to look after the baby when we take the odd activity.

I have been looking at the ones that the liner offers and there are two involving dolphins. I love dolphins! One is a shallow water experience and the other one the deep water one (the later is the favourite as things stand). I was wondering if anyone has done this and what their opinion is?

Also any other ideas, tips, somewhere nice to eat in Nassau would be most appreciated.

• 1 month later...

When we were in Nassau last week, we were looking for free wifi and drinks. While doing so we ended up finding a great little place a couple of blocks off the main road. We tried the entree grilled conch with baked sweet potato and creamed spinach, and it was delicious. The conch, as many of their entrees, is done in a foil thing with veggies. The ladies there are super friendly and there are even outlets (at the bar) for your computer, which is all we really cared about.

They were not as crowded and easily handled a large table while we were there (we were sitting at the bar). It is called Conch Fritters Bar and Grill on Marlborough Street across the street from the Hilton. (You can see the Hilton and their beach from your ship.)

Archived