JR, Tom, etc. - distance between PB and Minigolf?

swells2345

Depending on when we actually get off the ship, I don't know if we will come to PB or minigolf first (probably PB because it will hopefully be before minigolf opens at 10). Are there any logistical snafus I should avoid? Or just tell the taxi driver where I want to go? I'm a first timer to Cozumel so any tips are appreciated!

See you guys one week from tomorrow! Don't forget to order pretty weather for us and a margarita for me. ;)

Sherry

Hi Swells,

Provide your ship name/arrival date and we can get you the approximate arrival time.

Many folks find that once they get settled in under a palm tree at a beach, they don't feel like leaving. Subsequently, I'd suggest you come downtown FIRST...all shops will be open, browse/sightsee/people-watch, go golfing at 10am, THEN leave for the beach. You'll be under a palm tree by noon, and won't have missed the downtown (or Golfito).

As requested, pretty weather is on order, and we have Margarita jello shots as well :)

Thanks!

Scott/Golfito

Thanks for the reply Scott. We are on the Ecstasy scheduled to come into Cozumel Dec 25th at 8:30 AM. I'm actually the one bringing your bubble machine! :p We may go ahead and come downtown (now that I know that's where you are) and shop a little before you guys open. Just trying to make the most of our too short time there.

See you Christmas!

Sherry

Hi Sherry,

Just looked at next week's schedule. We show you arriving at Puerta Maya (about 2 miles south of downtown) at 7:30am our time (Central Standard Time) leaving at 5:00pm our time (sunset). Most of the stores will open around 9am, except for the stores that have contracts with Carnival, they'll be open at about 8am. Even though it is Christmas day, Scott tells me that most stores will open if there are cruise ships in town, and there will be 2 that day, Sensation & Ecstasy, both at Puerta Maya. There should be shopping at the Puerta Maya mall as well as downtown. If you decide you want to go out to Paradise Beach instead of going into town, let us know & I'll come out & meet y'all somewhere. We do sincerely appreciate what you're doing for us. Thank you!

J.R. Gray/GolfitoJR

Tom- It may sound a little spooky to some people but I have had margaritas call my name... now the room may have also been spinning at the same time! :D The weather forecast is showing 40% chance of rain.:( I'm doing the rain rain go away dance from now until then.

JR- No problem at all. I really don't think it will be a problem bringing the machine to you (unless the margaritas start calling my name too early). I figure I'll stick it in my backpack and away we'll go! As I said, I'm just afraid the time will pass all too quickly and I don't want to waste a second of it standing around wondering which direction to head.:) I can be so type 'A' sometimes!

Can't wait to put faces with the names. See you in a few days...

Sherry

Tom - Well, the 40% chance of rain was on weather.com. I'm hoping they are as wrong as my local weather guy usually is!:D Of course, we have a saying here in East TX : "If you don't like the weather, wait 15 minutes and it will change!" They are actually predicting FREEZING rain here on Christmas Day. So if you have 84 degrees and 40% chance of rain in Cozumel, it still beats being here.I'm counting the days, minutes and seconds till that cruise ship leaves Galveston...:p

Sherry

Archived