"Candles" in the cabin--Thanks!!

Ericktina

It was our lucky day when we discovered Cruise Critic, and I can not thank all of you enough for all the wonderful hints. So--here is our thanks to you--our little discovery, although I may not be the first on this.

We were in one of the forward penthouses where you can not have light on the balcony at night--interferes with navigation. I spotted those battery operated candles on the tables in the bars/dining rooms. Had several sent to the cabin. Voila!! Perfect for the balcony at night!! Pretty AND romantic!! Now we bring the little battery operated votives with us whenever we sail. (The candles onboard have to be recharged). Two for a dollar at the dollar store!! Also great as night lights. And--speaking of night lights--many do not seem to realize the closets onboard have lights in the closet--you have to reach in and click on the switch in the bar across the back.

Happy cruising to all---and many of them!!

It was our lucky day when we discovered Cruise Critic, and I can not thank all of you enough for all the wonderful hints. So--here is our thanks to you--our little discovery, although I may not be the first on this.

We were in one of the forward penthouses where you can not have light on the balcony at night--interferes with navigation. I spotted those battery operated candles on the tables in the bars/dining rooms. Had several sent to the cabin. Voila!! Perfect for the balcony at night!! Pretty AND romantic!! Now we bring the little battery operated votives with us whenever we sail. (The candles onboard have to be recharged). Two for a dollar at the dollar store!! Also great as night lights. And--speaking of night lights--many do not seem to realize the closets onboard have lights in the closet--you have to reach in and click on the switch in the bar across the back.

Happy cruising to all---and many of them!!

That's a great idea...I would have never thought of that becuase it hurts my head to do so! :rolleyes:

Thanks for the post.:)

Hi -- we are usually on RCI, but have booked an NCL Alaska next year, so I'm hanging out here! :)

We take a flameless candle and use it for the purposes you described, plus it's a great nightlight in the bathroom ---- no more turning on the BRIGHT light and waking up your partner at night. The one we pack is similar to a 5 inch tall pillar and makes a lovely glow in the cabin as well.

Happy sails!

Hello,

We also like some candlelight and yesterday I found the little battery operated candles in an actually candle that lets off a wonderful scent, yet it is not flammable. We sail on the Spirit in Sept and look forward to using them.

Ann and Bernie

I'm actually not a fan of them being used on balconies because I'm afraid some people will mistake them for the real thing and then use the real thing.

But I find I'm considering bringing one to use in our inside cabin this next cruise because I'm afraid my mother may be reluctant to turn on the light by the bed if she needs to get up during the night.

Archived