Advice on shipping seafood/salmon home

RFM Daughter

We are going to be in Ketchikan, Skagway, Juneau, and ISP next week and would like to buy salmon and have it shipped home to Florida. Can anyone give me some advice on WHERE to do this? Which port? What store? Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!:)

Ketchikan Fish Market, 1-888-247-3744

We purchased about 8 pounds of salmon from them, sockeye and king both. You can tell them when you want it shipped and they ship it FedEx, packed in a cooler with those frozen gel packs. Ours sat on the porch most of the day in near 100 degree heat but was still frozen we we found it about 6 PM. But shipping is expensive, about $60. We spent about $250 total I think. It was worth it to us.

We went a couple of weeks ago and used Taku Fish in Juneau. They are in a big building right on the docks (right in front of where our Diamond Princess docked.) We had 2 lbs of halibut and 2 lbs of salmon sent to my parents. The fish is $20-25 / lb + shipping which was around $35. My parents said the fish was very good.

Archived