Cost cruise jump

cruise junky joan

My husband and I just came off the 11/26/04 QM2 cruise and loved the ship so much we wanted to book another cruise for next year around the same time. The only problem is the cost! the on board discount was a whopping 10% and the price increase for next year is about 250% higher than what we paid this year! If anyone has a line on a group that is going next fall please let me know because at these rates I won't be able to go again. Joan

joan - heard that all cruises are going to be significantly higher next year due to increased demand (better than pre - 9/11 levels) and not many ships being delivered in the new year (compared to this year). However, I will keep an eye out for you. I have some pics to send you from the cruise...

Paul

thanks for the update it just kills me that the same stateroom we had this year is almost $1,000.00 per person more in 2005. Either we got a fabulous deal this year, I don't think so, or pricing has just gotten ridiculous. Can't wait to see the pictures. Unfortunately the shots I took in Annette's suite didn't turn out well at all. Joan

Joan, The november 6, 16 and 26th cruises were the lowest fare per day of any 2004 QM2 voyages. We were on the 11-16 cruise and took it because of the price. I havn't found anything in the future to compare to those prices. The cruise industry as a whole has raised prices considerably. However, I do not think that the QM2 prices will hold up. Lots of people including me took the QM2 because it was the "New - Biggest - Best" and will not do it again for a while. I loved the ship and the service but I can go on less famous ships for 20 percent of the 2005 prices. My $1,500 QM2 10 days was not 300 percent better than a $399 week on Carnival or 200 percent better than a $700 week on Holland America. Dean

Joan, I think it is too early for specials on the fall cruises. Keep you eye on the prices and hopefully there will be good deals a few months before the cruising dates. You can watch the prices on the Cunard site. When they show that special deals are being offered, you can book directly with them or with any TA. After you see specials on the Cunard site you can check with TAs to see if they offer something even better. Just be patient and I'll bet you find a great deal.

Archived