Group t-shirts

Iwant1

Hi ~ I'm looking for suggestions or comments on when to present my fellow travelers with shirts I'm making for them. We are a group of 4 almost 40's girls cruising without kids or husbands! We are so excited about our girls only trip. Each week for the past few months I've been sending them all gifts to keep them excited about our upcoming vacation. One week it was a cd of cruising type music, another week a bookmark, and so on. My thoughts on shirts are to either give them gift packages right before we leave with the shirts (and some other small treats) so we can wear when we board, or leave the gift packages in their rooms and we'll wear the shirts another day. If so, what day should we all wear them?? I can't decide which way is best. Let me know what you think. As long as we wear them long enough for some group pictures that's ok with me. Thanks! ;)

Most people who go in groups will have group shirts. Most of those groups wear their shirts on embarkation day. Which category do you fall into:

1. Man, everyone else is wearing their shirts today. Wish we were wearing ours.

2. We're the only group wearing matching shirts today. Now we stand out more!

Last January my DH, Me and our 7 kids wore matching t-shirts. It was the main Santa gift to go on the cruise, so all of there gifts were something in regards to the cruise. New luggage, luggage tags, swimwear, sunblock, formal wear, Dramamine/Bonine (for the little kids) and finally the group t-shirts. We looked sharp on boarding day. What a memory. So much better than the STUFF our kids usually get for Christmas and can't even remember the next year.

Jan and I had designed and made tee shirts for 9 of us girls several years ago. We had a pre cruise luncheon where we gave them to everyone. This was for 2 different cruises and she and I were going on both. We wore them with white bottoms for boarding on both cruises. With the 7 girl cruise we had the ship photographer take a pic of us on the atrium steps, turned out really cute, a great memory.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you all for the advice! We're all meeting at my place tonight for the trip down to Jacksonville. I'm going to give them to them tonight. I also decided to keep the other 'goodies' and have the room steward put them in so they'll still get a surprise later! I think the shirts turned out pretty cute and it'll be alot of fun. We're even having a door decorating contest with bragging rights up for grabs! :eek:

How do you get the group t-shirts? Do you order from somewhere and use their designs? Or do you have someone do the artwork and use iron on?

We have a family cruise coming up with 9 people - 82 to 18 months and I'd love to have a group t-shirt for the first day.

Archived