HELP! DESTINY 7324 aft or LIDO deck???

OK, I am making myself crazy with trying to decide on a cabin!

We booked the Destiny for mid October while CCL had an 8A to 8G upgrade going on, so we did NOT pay any extra for an 8G (extended balcony aft).

HOWEVER, after some research on the boards, I have some concerns about the cabin we have 7324.

It is the corner aft next to the wrap, which I have discovered is configured a little different than the other afts. It has 1 chair & table instead of a sofa, and the tv is next to the bed, rather than across from it (you can't watch anything lying in bed) I am not a big tv watcher, but DH will turn on the tv before bed or if he's waiting for me to get ready. I am concerned that it is smaller than the rest of the aft cabins b/c of this configuration.

We have never had an aft cabin, so I am curious to try it, but I have read a lot of negatives also on them (soot, ashes from cigarettes, no covering, people staring down at you, etc) Also read a lot of positives - extended balcony, great view, etc!

Has anyone stayed in one of these "corner" afts (wish it was a wraparound!) and were you happy with it?

I can't decide whether to keep this cabin and trade off some of the quirks for an aft, or switch to a Lido balcony with a regular cabin.

What's a girl to do? :rolleyes:

OK, I am making myself crazy with trying to decide on a cabin!

We booked the Destiny for mid October while CCL had an 8A to 8G upgrade going on, so we did NOT pay any extra for an 8G (extended balcony aft).

HOWEVER, after some research on the boards, I have some concerns about the cabin we have 7324.

It is the corner aft next to the wrap, which I have discovered is configured a little different than the other afts. It has 1 chair & table instead of a sofa, and the tv is next to the bed, rather than across from it (you can't watch anything lying in bed) I am not a big tv watcher, but DH will turn on the tv before bed or if he's waiting for me to get ready. I am concerned that it is smaller than the rest of the aft cabins b/c of this configuration.

We have never had an aft cabin, so I am curious to try it, but I have read a lot of negatives also on them (soot, ashes from cigarettes, no covering, people staring down at you, etc) Also read a lot of positives - extended balcony, great view, etc!

Has anyone stayed in one of these "corner" afts (wish it was a wraparound!) and were you happy with it?

I can't decide whether to keep this cabin and trade off some of the quirks for an aft, or switch to a Lido balcony with a regular cabin.

What's a girl to do? :rolleyes:

We had friends that had 8330 last Oct and they loved the aft balcony:D. In fact, we went to their room one night for some tequilla shots and the view leaving Cozumel was fantastic. Sorry, don't know about the TV. Good luck with your decision and have a great cruise.:)

Archived