Review of Brilliance: Western Mediterranean: June 2009

Casa -

Yes! There are many quiet places on the ship to read a book.

If it's a beautiful day, I suggest going to the VERY front of the ship on Deck 11 and finding a nice quiet lounger to read. You have to go UP to Deck 12, go all the way forward, and there will be a set of stairs going DOWN to Deck 11. Because it's somewhat hard to find, it was rather quiet.

Also, your balcony - if you have one - is another great place to read.

Alot of people used the Yacht Club on Deck 10 - it's got some nice couches and sofas - it's located right by the Centrum on Deck 10; called the Yacht Club because there's a picture of a ship on the wall.

The Library - on Deck 9 - is nice, too.

Hope this all helps!

Sherri

Hi Sherri,

I'm really enjoying reading your fabulous blog. Very detailed and informative, but also very humourous and readable with many lovely pics too. We are sailing from Barcelona on The Brilliance on 26th Aug, following the same route as you, so your insights and experiences are proving very valuable in helping me plan things. Here's wishing you and your hubs many more years of happy travelling together :)

Charlie ( London, UK)

Charlie, we are on the same sailing; come on over and join our Roll Call (the link is below my countdown clock).

Kathy

Actually, I live in Lee's Summit, too....I just list "Kansas City" because I figured no one else would even know where Lee's Summit is!!!!

I'm by Longview College - but just bought a new house in Winnebago!

I have read your review from your trip in January - it helped me immensely - thanks!

And I'm glad everyone is enjoying the blog - it is NOW finished! Woo hoo!

• 2 months later...

Hi Sherri,

Thanks for the great review! We are going on that cruise in Oct. 2010. I was just wondering if you or anyone else could recommened which side of the ship is better to have a cabin on. Do you see land throughout the cruise? And if you do which side can you see it from? We currently have cabin #9564 but would like to change it if the other side of the ship has better scenery. On other cruises we have been on we have found this to be an advantage. We have never been to the Med. before so we would like to take advantage of everything we can. Thanks.

JR:)

Hi Sherri,

Thanks for the great review! We are going on that cruise in Oct. 2010. I was just wondering if you or anyone else could recommened which side of the ship is better to have a cabin on. Do you see land throughout the cruise? And if you do which side can you see it from? We currently have cabin #9564 but would like to change it if the other side of the ship has better scenery. On other cruises we have been on we have found this to be an advantage. We have never been to the Med. before so we would like to take advantage of everything we can. Thanks.

JR:)

We were on the same cruise in August; absolutely loved it. Hope to post some pictures to my webshots link in a few days. We had corner aft 9256 and it was perfect. Generally we were not too close to land other than going thru the Straits of Messina and into the bay at Dubrovnik.

Here is the link to the brief review we wrote:

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=57957

Great cruise!! Have a wonderful time. Photos from our Med. cruise on the Legend of the Seas in August 2007 is in the link below.

Here is the review from that cruise which is more detailed than our latest review:

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=33168

Kathy:)

• 2 years later...

Archived