Ilha Grande

PH

I would love to hear from someone who has been to Ilha Grande. How hard are the hikes to the beaches, What is in the town, do they have any nature excursion? PH

• 3 weeks later...

well! Ilha Grande is a small beautiful island situated in the state of Rio de Janeiro. The beaches are AMAZING and near the place where the tenders stop you can take a Taxi boat to a beach called 'Abraãozinho' (look the picture I took), it's a small beach that you can only reach by boat or walking in trails. It's so nice!

Another good place to visit is "Lagoa Azul" or, blue lake in English. I didn't go there because I stayed all day in this first beach I told you, but I heard some comments in the ship that it's really nice.. (the second picture, that I found in Ilha Grande site).

Well, this site is in portuguese but you can find some pictures from the place there, so I think it's valid to post it here: http://www.ilhagrande.com.br/ (hint: PRAIA is BEACH in portuguese and IMAGENS = PICTURES)

I hope I helped you a little with this... sorry about the English, I'm brazilian!

OgAAAFQO1SuDeZ-lq7E3cjcVpDONm6q1MlRb6rOURs6q-KezT8YZceQ8l5-W2AXywWS9pH_Pu3mekbHdX6x5mN06T-QAm1T1UE9fvH1LGloNxAtF-5eM9hexEBMp.jpg

lagoa_azul.jpg

WOTAN758 we were in the same cruise in MSC Armonia new year's cruise 2005!

Archived