Mazatlan - Randi's Happy Horses?

Wanderlust26

Our ride was approx 90 minutes long. If you don't ride to can go with Randi to Victor's and wait for your group. She is a hoot getting to know and will become a friend for life.

90 minutes??? That sounds like a long time to be on a horse, especially for kids. Are there options for shorter rides? Or does the 90 minutes just fly by? I'm a little worried about hearing the "I'm bored" about 20 minutes into the ride.

Karen

For us the time flew by. Our granddaughters were 13 and 15 and grandsons 6 and 8 and they didn't want the ride to end. Then they got to Victors and we couldn't get them out of the water to eat. It was a great time. Since then we have just done the transportation with Randi and enjoyed our time just relaxing.

90 minutes??? That sounds like a long time to be on a horse, especially for kids. Are there options for shorter rides? Or does the 90 minutes just fly by? I'm a little worried about hearing the "I'm bored" about 20 minutes into the ride.

Karen

The time does fly by because it's so fun and so relaxing. But if you're concerned about riding that long, just let Randi know and I'm sure she can arrange for a shorter ride. :)

My grandkids and kids wore shorts and flip flops. I wore capris and sandles that buckle. My horse several times would ride in the surf and tennis shoes would get wet. Some put their beach towel down over the saddle. Make sure before you take off for your ride that one of the staff adjust your stirrups. If they are too long it makes for an uncomfortable ride. I know you will have a great time.

To all of you who have done this ride -

long pants and shoes/boots? or

shorts/sandles?

I'm seeing both in the photos.

I wore cargo type capris and I wish they were longer. I got an abrasion on one calf that really bugged me for weeks after. I had no problem with flip flops. And as morriscats said, make sure you are comfortable with the length of the stirrip. It's a fantastic time for all levels of riders!:)

we'll be in mazatlan in oct-09 it sounds like fun heres the thing,...DH has a hard time gettin around don't get me wrong he can move but slow with a cane is it hard on the water taxi.

The water taxi is a very small boat. There was someone there helping us get on and off....but your DH might have a little difficulty. If you get on first to help him and there's someone on the outside to help him from behind, he might be fine.

Your best bet would be to email Randi and ask her the same question. She might be able to make sure there's someone there to help him. It's definitely worth asking because this excursion is a great one! :D

The water taxi is a very small boat. There was someone there helping us get on and off....but your DH might have a little difficulty. If you get on first to help him and there's someone on the outside to help him from behind, he might be fine.

Your best bet would be to email Randi and ask her the same question. She might be able to make sure there's someone there to help him. It's definitely worth asking because this excursion is a great one! :D

Thank you for the infor: :)

We've always ridden in jeans here at home, that being why I questioned the shorts & sandles. I was afraid jeans would be too hot, but we will be there in January, so I'm thinking they may be ok.

If I'm reading the reviews correctly, I could take a bag with shorts & sandles and Randi keeps that stuff until after the ride and then there is a place to change if necessary?

hello everyone. just got done reading all the post on this thread. this sounds absoloutley great and i see JILLYBEAR from our roll call is going to this too. i emailed randi but i was wondering if any of you could help me to?? first of all i will be on the splendor which doesnt come into port until 9am.....and the website says they pick up at 830am....do they wait for us? also has anyone that has ever done this excursion seen chubby body types??? i am sure there is a weight limit....i am 5'2, definetley not thin, but not massive either. i would die if they denied me a horse!!!

We've always ridden in jeans here at home, that being why I questioned the shorts & sandles. I was afraid jeans would be too hot, but we will be there in January, so I'm thinking they may be ok.

If I'm reading the reviews correctly, I could take a bag with shorts & sandles and Randi keeps that stuff until after the ride and then there is a place to change if necessary?

Yes, all your stuff will be waiting for you at Victor's after your ride. As far as jeans, go, I just don't ever pack them on cruises, but we've never gone on one in January! There is a bathroom there where you can change.

Here's my review of the week we spent if you're interested!

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=56022

hello everyone. just got done reading all the post on this thread. this sounds absoloutley great and i see JILLYBEAR from our roll call is going to this too. i emailed randi but i was wondering if any of you could help me to?? first of all i will be on the splendor which doesnt come into port until 9am.....and the website says they pick up at 830am....do they wait for us? also has anyone that has ever done this excursion seen chubby body types??? i am sure there is a weight limit....i am 5'2, definetley not thin, but not massive either. i would die if they denied me a horse!!!

Randi knows exactly what time each ship comes in and is there waiting for you - don't worry.

I believe her weight limit is 250 although I remember her telling us there was one guy who was over that rode. She was worried about the horse.

Randi knows exactly what time each ship comes in and is there waiting for you - don't worry.

I believe her weight limit is 250 although I remember her telling us there was one guy who was over that rode. She was worried about the horse.

lol well im definetley not 250 so that would be a relief....i mean do they weigh you or just look at you and decided weather your too large? i would assume i would be ok, but i am hesitant...i dont want to break the horse lol! thatnk for your help though i definetley appreciate it!!

lol well im definetley not 250 so that would be a relief....i mean do they weigh you or just look at you and decided weather your too large? i would assume i would be ok, but i am hesitant...i dont want to break the horse lol! thatnk for your help though i definetley appreciate it!!

haha - don't worry. You won't break the horse. No they won't weight you or even ask you (unless maybe you were way over the limit). Please don't worry about it and have a wonderful time. I am a fluffy type as well and did not feel embarrassed at all about it. Just be sure, since you are short like I am, to have them adjust your stirrups. If they are too long and you can't put your foot firmly in them it is very uncomfortable.

Yes, all your stuff will be waiting for you at Victor's after your ride. As far as jeans, go, I just don't ever pack them on cruises, but we've never gone on one in January! There is a bathroom there where you can change.

Here's my review of the week we spent if you're interested!

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=56022

Hi Susan! I read your diary and enjoyed all of it. I depart on the Mariner on the 23rd after 4 days in LA. Thanks for taking the time to post all that you did, I feel closer to being there now. Do you remember how much it was for the jet skis? Sounded like a lot of fun.

ok sooooooooo i booked this excursion!!!! i just got my horses reserved through emailing randi! wow she is on top of her emails....very quick replies!! i am going on the oct 1st ride....is anyone else going on this one?? ooooo im so excited. woot woot!!

ok sooooooooo i booked this excursion!!!! i just got my horses reserved through emailing randi! wow she is on top of her emails....very quick replies!! i am going on the oct 1st ride....is anyone else going on this one?? ooooo im so excited. woot woot!!

:D I'm excited for you! You're going to have such a good time! Let us know what you thought when you return!

Here's a very short video that I took on our ride. There were 8 of us on the ride.....4 wanted to run down the beach a ways and 4 of us wanted to continue walking & talking. So, the guide ran with the 4 you see running back to us and we did our thing (there was a guide with us as well) at a slower pace. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnxt7-bn6qw

:D I'm excited for you! You're going to have such a good time! Let us know what you thought when you return!

Here's a very short video that I took on our ride. There were 8 of us on the ride.....4 wanted to run down the beach a ways and 4 of us wanted to continue walking & talking. So, the guide ran with the 4 you see running back to us and we did our thing (there was a guide with us as well) at a slower pace. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnxt7-bn6qw

lol thanks for sharing your video! now im youtubing everything i can lol. i will be sure to post a review of what i thought of the horseride and mexico..even though ive already been! lol

Hi Susan! I read your diary and enjoyed all of it. I depart on the Mariner on the 23rd after 4 days in LA. Thanks for taking the time to post all that you did, I feel closer to being there now. Do you remember how much it was for the jet skis? Sounded like a lot of fun.

You know, I can't remember exactly, but I do know it seemed the same as the times before, which was about $45 for a half hour. It helps to have a watch with you. I'm glad you enjoyed my review. Have a great cruise!

We are flying in from Ohio so we always start out in jeans ( 20 degrees at 7am @ airport ) so we always have that one pair with us.

Thanks so much for posting your review. We can't wait to get there.

My name also,

Susan

20 degrees! Yikes!:eek: No wonder you leave in January!:D

I will be there the day before but I also can not wait!! I am ready to start packing now!!

Hey! There are some cool lookin' people in that video! ;):D

Archived