Where does the Jewel dock?

cruiserr

http://www.ncl.com/nclweb/fleet/itineraries.html?shipCode=JEWEL&destinationCode=EUROPE&subDestinationCode=&duration=12

That's the itinerary.. but are you asking where the ship actually docks (berths) in each port?? That is not technically known until possibly within hours of arrival into each port. While it may be a no brainer that it berths the same place on every sailing, depending on how many other ships might be in the same port on the same day, there are different factors that determine where it berths.

Am I completely off bass with my response??? or with what I think you are asking???

Yes, you're correct, I was wondering where the ship berths at each port. We're planning to see the ports on our own rather than do ship-organized tours, and I'm trying to figure out our transportation (i.e. buses, HOHO boats, etc..) for each port.

You can find the "planned" port location in some cities by doing some web searches. Usually, by Googling something like "Stockholm port" or "Stockholm port authority" will get you a link to the website for that city. http://www.portsofstockholm.com

Some of these list Cruise ship arrivals that are several months out. Stockholm's site lists the Jewel as being in port at the Frihamnen location on August 11th, for example. You can then search for Frihamnen on a map if you need to. Not all ports have websites, and they are subject to change their berth locations of course, but it does help you plan somewhat. Some sites are not in English and the dates may be expressed in a European format (Stockholm is in YY/MM/DD format) and some sites really don't show this information easily. But with a little work, you can find some of the locations you want.

we did the sailing from the 27th June.. and it was great. The only port we did a fixed excursion was St. Petersburg.. did the Panoramic the 1st day and the Neva River cruise the 2nd. (both with NCL). All others we just kind of winged it. Tried to do some preplanning, but basically just got the info on board, took the advise of a few people and headed off. Some days were better than others (with 3 children in tow, you can imagine.. we learned our lesson on walking in Copenhagen)

Enjoy

In every port but Russia you can walk off and hop a trolley, bus etc or walk on you own (talinn, warndemunde). In Russia,

we used spb tours-viktoria and saw everything flawlessly

in 2 days. Have fun!

Archived