Yet another car seat question (sorry!)

Snowbuddy

Another option might be to carry an inexpensive car seat rather than risking your own. AAA sells some very inexpensive seats. You can carry it to the plane - if there is an empty seat your DD can use it. Otherwise it will be stowed and you can use it if you want to hop in a taxi somewhere in port or for the transfers to and from the cruise. Just an idea....

AA told me that they would not allow me to use an empty seat for her if I did not have a ticket purchased...do you think this is just their way of encouraging ppl to buy the seat ticket if they really want a seat for their child, and discourage ppl from waiting and possibly getting a seat that they didn't pay for? has anyone been able to do this on an american flight? or united? we are flying united down, and american back. thx!

fyi, i think all chat sites get a bit volatile and/or snarky at times, even if not always intentionally so. some of it is b/c there is protection over the internet, ppl feel safer saying things to strangers, esp when it is just a matter of typing it on a computer screen. also, emotions do not translate very well over the internet, so it is very easy to misconstrue what someone said, their meaning behind it. I admit, i am very spoiled, b/c i am actively involved in a parenting chat of about 20-25 ladies who all had a child the same time I did. b/c we have been chatting for so long, we are all friends, and are very considerate of what we post to each other and how we say it. so, i guess that is part of the reason why i was taken aback in some of the comments made on here, and the tone i took them as...again, i may have overreacted, but i was/am looking for constructive advice, things that can help me, not criticism and judgment.

"This board" as in the family board? Or "this board", as in Cruise Critic? I actually come to the family board as a safe haven away from some of the other cruise board because things can get downright nasty on the main board.

I love everyone here. I may not agree with everyone here. But we all seem to repect each other's opinions. :)

Yes, I mean cruise critic in general. The family board seems to be better but there are still "snarky" comments from time to time.

So why do you think things can get "downright nasty" on a board that discusses vacations? Shouldn't we all be happy and excited to talk about cruising? Are there a disproportionate number of snobs in the cruising community?

Archived