Farmacias, Raterios, and the Police in Ensenada

Theora

Hello!

We're leaving tomorrow on the Paradise to Ensenada, and I'm looking to see if anyone knows a good reliable farmacia there (one of my traveling companions wants to stock up on antibiotics). My BF has a Costco membership, and I know that there's a Costco there, but dunno if that one has a pharmacy.

Also, lots of things being said on other sites about "raterios" (who will make nice-nice with you and then you find yourself in a situation where you get robbed) and also that the police there are a bit sketchy as well. Does anyone here have experience or knowledge about such things, or am I letting myself get paranoid for no reason?

Thanks in advance,

Theora

Theora,

The Costco has a farmacia/pharmacy, no problem.They accept membership cards from the US and Canada.

As far as "rateros" go, I guess I would ask how often do you start up or make conversations with complete strangers and then do something out of the ordinary? Just use good logic and you should be fine.

Same goes for the police... 99.9% on any given day at home, you would not need to come in any contact with the police. Same as with being in Mexico.

Now, if you plan on buying drugs (not at the farmacia) being quite drunk in public, doing anything that would make the police aware of you....well, then maybe. So, keep your nose clean and be aware of your surroundings like you would anywhere else, like Las Vegas or Toronto and most cities in between....

have fun:)

Thank you for your response. That's pretty much what I figured, and I've lived in NYC (currently living in LA), so I know all about being aware of one's surroundings, etc. My BF was digging through TripAdvisor, though, and told me about the scary things he'd found, so I'm glad that I can allay his fears.

Also, hooray for Costco!!!

Laundry's in the dryer, my packing list has been checked off, and by 10pm, I'll be all packed and ready to rock!

I don't know if it is the same with Carnival, but, the ship's Wine Tour in Ensenada with Royal Caribbean is probably the most reasonably priced excursion that I've ever taken. If interested, it could be worth checking out once you get aboard too.

Happy sailing !! :)

Archived