Manchester UK - Orlando FL, 19th Sept - VS 073

peteukmcr

Departing Manchester 13:300 on Saturday, 19th Sept.

Has anyone travelling on this flight, who booked their air with RCI, received your issued ticket details yet or have an idea when they may receive them?

I have the Booking Reservation number that enables me to see the booking on www.checkmytrip.com and the Virgin confirmation reference, but cannot access the booking on the Virgin site yet as the tickets have not yet been issued.

I need to try and assign seats together for our return trip as these cannot be allocated by RCI (outbound OK) as the only ones available to RCI are single seats. I can try and do this using the Virgin 'Manage my booking' option.

If you have booked air with RCI I presume you're sailing on FOS on the 20th. Has your pre-cruise hotel been confirmed as the Crowne Plaza, Orlando Airport?

Hi Pete,

We are travelling on 12/09 from mcr on the same flight as you

I have my locater number but cannot get into virgin atlantics site want to try and prebook seats

Been told will not be able to untill the tickets arrive so much for paying extra to upgrade to premium economy

We are also due to stay at the orlando crowne plaza

Not long to go know soon as i get my tickets will let you know if i can get on virgins site

Try phoning them. I know that there are often differences between airlines' US and UK reservations systems, but it won't hurt to ring them.

I only flew Virgin once, BOS-LHR, on a ticket purchased through Cunard. Never was able to reach their US website, even after receiving my ticket, but had no trouble getting seat assignment when I phoned their US reservations office. This was, however, several years ago.

Bob

PS: Beware of Virgin's 6kg (13lb) carry-on weight limit, which they seem to enforce randomly.

Hi Pete,

I have my locater number but cannot get into virgin atlantics site want to try and prebook seats

Been told will not be able to untill the tickets arrive so much for paying extra to upgrade to premium economy

Not long to go know soon as i get my tickets will let you know if i can get on virgins site

I managed to get RCI to request seats for PE when I upgraded. Only got them for outbound as only single seats showing to RCI for the return that's why I'm awaiting the tickets so I can try on Virgin's site.

You're on a B2B aren't you, so you'll be onboard when we board on the 20th?

Keep me posted.

Try phoning them. I know that there are often differences between airlines' US and UK reservations systems, but it won't hurt to ring them.

I only flew Virgin once, BOS-LHR, on a ticket purchased through Cunard. Never was able to reach their US website, even after receiving my ticket, but had no trouble getting seat assignment when I phoned their US reservations office. This was, however, several years ago.

Bob

PS: Beware of Virgin's 6kg (13lb) carry-on weight limit, which they seem to enforce randomly.

Thanks for the reminder about carry on, but travelling from here in UK, I take very little onboard and let Virgin carry my 2 suitcase allowance in the hold.

Hi Pete,

Hi Gary (I think it is!)

Just to let you know our Virgin tickets were issued on Weds, 5th Aug so I could access the booking on Virgin's site yesterday.

Only 4 seats available on the outbound flight other than those we've already been allocated (76H&K). The others available are 80 C, and row 82 A,C & D on the lower deck. Rows 70 - 75 aren't available as I think rows 70 - 74 are reserved for Virgin Holiday passengers. Row 75 are exit row and I think they're only available at the airport. These may become available when on-line check opens for us on the 18th Sept.

The option isn't available for our return on the 2nd Oct. Rang Virgin and was told these won't be available until on-line check in opens for our return on 1st Oct!

Hope your tickets are issued soon seeing you're flying a week before us.

Archived