Docking at 10am - Can we do Paradise Beach and The Ruins?

castle701

Yes you can. But you will need to take a taxi van (8 pax max) and a regular taxi (4 max). Or 3 taxis. Price will be about the same. I would do the ruins first. They are located in the center of the island. You don't need a guide to take you through but they can provide some good info. Then I would hop in taxis (there will be lots waiting for you at the ruins) and go to Paradise Beach. You should be able to make it there by about 12:30 or 1:00. That will give you a good couple of hours to enjoy the beach, water, sun, food and drinks. It starts getting dark here at about 5:30-6:00 depending on the weather. Enjoy!

The $45 cab fare for up to four people to San Gervasio is a round-trip-with-wait fare. In other words, for about $11 per person, they will take you to the ruins, wait for you and bring you back to your ship. If you wanted to go straight to PB from the ruins, I'm sure you could negotiate that, too. It does not include entrance to the ruins, or a guide. In my opinion, if you forego the guide, you are just looking at a pile of rocks. A guide will make all the difference.

Enjoy,

Sally

There are just a few vans available for rental here on the island. I know that Executive has some. But I do not know the prices. I guess you could rent a couple of cars and do that. There are no guide books or maps at San Gervasio. The car rental places will give you a map of the area and you can easily make it to the ruins and then on to PB that way. And yes, you can get a guide at San Gervasio when you go in. I believe it is about $10+ tip but I might be way off on that.

Archived