Past Guest Number

WarEagle1

Hello All!

We are booked for the Holiday in October this year, and I have been on one prior carnival cruise (May 2008). Since then I have married and I contacted Carnival and explained and they sent me my past guest number. Well, I put the past guest number in when I logged into the website and now when I try to prepay gratuities, look at travel insurance, etc. it tells me the "past guest number does not match records" and won't let me do those thing! Has anyone encountered this? TIA! :)

Hello All!

We are booked for the Holiday in October this year, and I have been on one prior carnival cruise (May 2008). Since then I have married and I contacted Carnival and explained and they sent me my past guest number. Well, I put the past guest number in when I logged into the website and now when I try to prepay gratuities, look at travel insurance, etc. it tells me the "past guest number does not match records" and won't let me do those thing! Has anyone encountered this? TIA! :)

(1) all you should need to do is log into the site and enter your booking number, to view/manipulate your booking??

(2) Unless they changed the names for the Past Guest Number they sent you, the names won't match with your Ocober booking??

ken

I was on Carinival many years ago and never received a past guest number. I have old luggage tags and other things that should identify me as being on their cruise but have had no luck in getting them to issue a past guest number. I have not received an answer to my letter to Carnival (names and addresses found on this web site) nor to my emails to them (address found on the Carnival web site). So I loose out on a couple of free drinks at their past guest party - no big deal.

j

(1) all you should need to do is log into the site and enter your booking number, to view/manipulate your booking??

(2) Unless they changed the names for the Past Guest Number they sent you, the names won't match with your Ocober booking??

ken

That is what I originally did. The problem is that when I inserted the past guest number it will not allow me to do things like prepay gratuities do to the past guest number not matching (it will not allow me to take the past guest number off of my "profile" now). I may just have to call Carnival, I was just seeing if anybody had experienced this before.

I was on Carinival many years ago and never received a past guest number. I have old luggage tags and other things that should identify me as being on their cruise but have had no luck in getting them to issue a past guest number. I have not received an answer to my letter to Carnival (names and addresses found on this web site) nor to my emails to them (address found on the Carnival web site). So I loose out on a couple of free drinks at their past guest party - no big deal.

j

It's no big deal. I never went to the past guest parties on Disney either. Just seeing if anyone had a quick fix! :D

I'm one of those people who use my middle name. Prior to 9-11 I simply booked things as middle and last names. Post 9-11, I have been advised to book first and last name to go with my passport, so that caused an issue with Princess and my captain circle number. I was able to get it straightened out onboard. This week will be my first Carnival cruise since using my name properly and I had a couple issues online with my past guest number not matching up. I was able to change it somewhere on the Carnival site, although I really can't remember how, as it seemed at first it wasn't going to take it. Anyway, it shows my past guest number with my prior 2 cruises listed, so hopefully it works now. I guess I'll find out on Friday if it did work if I get a gold card. I'm not concerned about the party or any free drinks either, but hopefully one day I'll make it up to platinum, so I want to make sure I get credit for all my cruises.

I'm one of those people who use my middle name. Prior to 9-11 I simply booked things as middle and last names. Post 9-11, I have been advised to book first and last name to go with my passport, so that caused an issue with Princess and my captain circle number. I was able to get it straightened out onboard. This week will be my first Carnival cruise since using my name properly and I had a couple issues online with my past guest number not matching up. I was able to change it somewhere on the Carnival site, although I really can't remember how, as it seemed at first it wasn't going to take it. Anyway, it shows my past guest number with my prior 2 cruises listed, so hopefully it works now. I guess I'll find out on Friday if it did work if I get a gold card. I'm not concerned about the party or any free drinks either, but hopefully one day I'll make it up to platinum, so I want to make sure I get credit for all my cruises.

Thank you! I am glad I am not the only that has experienced problems! Hopefully I can get it straightened out. Enjoy your cruise!

Archived