Travelers Insurance Help!

peiaigol524

I book my first carnival trip back in March and the carnival agent that I booked with asked me if I wanted to buy the travelers insurance and I told him that I wasn't sure if I needed it and I was traveling with another group and have to ask them if they wanted to purchase it. Then he told me if I wanted it and don't tell him now he will not be able to put it in later..and told me he will put in the travelers insurance now and I would be able to make a decision by final payment if i wanted or not.. When I called today to try to make the final payment the lady told me that the I was not able to take off the insurance! I wrote down the information of the agent and is not able to find it. I also asked the agent lady who was helping me today if there is anyway she is able to know who sold me the ticket and she said no. I am so angry right now.. I don't even know what to do! I feel like I got tricked into buying the insurance and now is stuck with paying it..and I don't even need it!

Does anybody had this situation happen to them before? Or does anybody know how I can handle this? Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

Thanks in Advance!

I just booked last week and was told the same thing - I could take it off at final payment. I called the next day and told them to take it off and they were able to. I didn't want to deal with it in december. I plan to arrange my own insurance. The woman I spoke to was also able to tell me who I booked with and give me his extension in case I needed to speak to him.

I just booked last week and was told the same thing - I could take it off at final payment. I called the next day and told them to take it off and they were able to. I didn't want to deal with it in december. I plan to arrange my own insurance. The woman I spoke to was also able to tell me who I booked with and give me his extension in case I needed to speak to him.

Lol I just wrote on your post! My first time booking too! and I do want to get my insurance as well! It's just wayy to expensive from carnival! this is overwhelming!

I always book my own insurance, never through Carnival. You can shop around and find plans that fit your budget. And by doing it myself, you can have your flight, tours, hotel and cruise all covered for around similar prices that Carnival offers. I leave for my cruise 2 weeks from today and I just bought my policy today.

Archived