Good Cabin on Splendour?

I've never been on an RCCL ship, although I've sailed on several other cruise lines. I'm seriously thinking about taking the 10-day Mediterranean cruise that leaves on 21 Nov., and getting one of the aft suites. Does anyone have a suggestion of a cabin on deck 8 (or which ever) that you enjoyed, i.e., didn't have constant noise from a disco or something? Thanks for whatever info you can give me. -- Eleanordew

Eleanordew, We took the Splendour repo out of Lisbon this spring. Great ship with a even better crew. We had 8002 in the front of the ship which the only problem we had was a very minimal noise coming from the carts in the Windjammer located above. I believe the only noise if that would be from the Windjammer because if you look at the deck plans above deck 8 aft is the Spa and the indoor solarium are both placid places. And the outdoor pool while heated nicely will be used infrequently because of the cool temps. The Splendour on our cruise was more about the ports and the cruise than the partying aboard. The Splendour is in wonderful shape and the food was excellent. A very happy crew really is a plus to the cruise. I'm sure you'll have a great time. Wishing you smooth sailings.

There is something called the "Sports Deck" aft on Deck 9. When I sailed on the Splendour, there were no "sports" going on - this was a quiet deck just outside the spa where there were some loungers for sunning. It was a very quiet crowd since there's no drink service back there. If you booked an aft cabin on Deck 8, this would be overhead. There are cabins on Deck 7 underneath. I have had a Deck 7 aft D1 and I think that we only heard noise from the lounge below on one night. You shouldn't hear any lounge noise at all on Deck 8. By the way, the aft lounge is not usually a late night venue - most of the activities seem to end around 11:00 and not all of these involve music. I would think that a Deck 8 aft JS would be wonderful.

OK - I've got a courtesy reserve on cabin 7132, deck 7 (on the fantail). I decided on that because the Superior Outside with Balcony rooms were just so big! And that big balcony!

Now I just have to convince someone I know to go with me. Of course, I could always just pay the total and go alone ... Eleanordew

Archived