My plans

kcluvsdavid

I'm disappointed a little that I didn't pick the itinerary that includes Belize City because I wanted to go on the jungle lazy river ride, but instead I chose the extra day on the ship (7 days instead of 6). Having said that...I have been reading each of these boards and here's my plan.

Keep in mind I want to do the water stuff SO bad, but I also have to keep my husband in mind (he doesn't swim).

Grand Cayman (In port 7am-4p) Marvin's excursion for stingray city, barrier reef, and coral gardens. Cost: 40pp. Spend the rest of the time shopping.

(Is stingray city in shallow water? what about the rest of the places?)

Key West (3pm-Midnight). Must get Keylime Pie. Heard Sloppy Joe's Bar makes a mean keylime margarita. Go shopping (husband loves doing that). Go to Mallory Square for sunset festival. (Would you board a sunset cruise or is the festival great from the island? Tell me more.) I MIGHT take the trolley (not the counch because I would want to get off). Cost: Drinks, Keylime Pie, $22pp (for trolley). Sunset cruise ($55pp).

Cozumel (9am-6pm). Take a taxi ($5 each way) to Chanakaab Park. Do the Dolphin Swim (me only) for $120. Husband can take pictures to take home to

the kids. Go to town and do some light shopping and eat MEXICAN food.

Go to Paradise Beach. I may not stay forever because he doesn't swim and I've already managed to get in the water 2 out of 3 days, but I heard PB is the place to go.

Is there anything anyone can suggest that he might like?

My goal is to spend no more than 200/per day on the both of us per port. That includes shore excursions and spending money. Although I know he will want to spend some money shopping, I personally could care less about toting back too many souveniers. For me the trip is DOING not buying.

Neither of us are much interested in the Mayan Ruins especially since they take ALL DAY.

It's hard doing the planning because my husband wants to be completely surprised.

Archived